Alfa Romeo Tonale qualifies for $7500 tax credit if leased

I saw the news on the Alfa Romeo Tonale preorders then this caught my attention.

“The Tonale will come in three trims; Sprint ($42,995), Ti ($44.995), and Veloce ($47,495). All come with the same PHEV powertrain, and according to Stellantis, will qualify for the $7,500 tax credit if leased.”

Whats your opinions? Possibly some decent alfa deals midway through the year?

1 Like

Looks like pre-order doesn’t require a deposit. May as well put one in.

1 Like

The website pre-order just forwards your order to a dealer. Up to the dealer what their pre-order terms are – I’m guessing dealers are going to ask for a deposit.

Deals will be towards the end of the year. After units have been collecting dust. 10+% off, incentives, plus $7500 pass through…then we might have a hack.

10 Likes

Most good leases with Alfa are thru Ally, the CCAP lease may not be that great with 40% residual and high MF.

Michael Richards Yes GIF

1 Like

@Justin_Sutton paging the Alfa Romeo man himself. Any info on timelines, and lease support announced yet?

It’s cousin the Dodge Hornet maybe would lease better? No info yet though.

Cousin? They’re straight siblings. I have no idea why Stellantis would allow this. It’s 13k cheaper when maxed out in options.

The seat designs, infotainment, consoles, gauges, steering wheel; almost everything is the same.

Dodge straight copied Alfa’s homework.

2 Likes

I have it feeling that ‘loophole’ will be slammed shut by the likes of Manchin and the various Senators uninterested in EV credits when it March comes around.

Hey it worked out for Plymouth in the 80s and 90s, it can’t be that bad of an idea!

2 Likes

How many cars is Plymouth offering currently? Haha, yes I do get the sarcasm!

1 Like

Unlike the battery sourcing guidance, the section 45 really would need to be closed by a new law.

2 Likes

“More than you can afford, pal! Plymouth.”

Only a little less than Alfa.

Dodge configurator doesn’t have the PHEV up yet. Just the gas models.

More like identical twins. There were reports after the Hornet was revealed that Alfa was PO’d. I’d be, too…

Base price between both cars is like 12K. I checked the sites this morning for both. Configured a maxed out Hornet GT and it went to 44k which is 2k higher than Tonale base price. Best value is in the Hornet in my opinion which is weird to say.

They’re more than extremely similar and yet one is being sold at three quarters of the price… It’s going to confuse customers and cannibalize sales.

1 Like

So, these are expected to hit the lots in march/23, and do these cars qualify for the incentive after march as well? . This will be interesting to watch.

1 Like