Alfa Romeo Stelvio - Lease Trade / New Lease

Hello Experts,

I’m in Texas… I have 2019 Alfa Romeo Lease expiring In June (5 more payments Pending $509/Month) with an RV of $27000

I have received the following offer from Dealer to Lease 2022 Stelvio.

New Vehicle Purachase Price - 55K
Trade Allowance - is 52K (for my 2019)

Payments - 3000 Down - $580.

Dealer says he is willing to do $509 with No Money down… If I sign up… is this better or what else I can ask for,

I have attached screenshot… let me know if I need to ask any other discounts or any other information.

Talk to me about DEALER PREP.

2 Likes

$5000+ in trade equity going into this… No thank you

1 Like

the window sticker of this vehicle says 55,500 including dealer prep… so I do not know what that Dealer Prep is I thought optional equipment… but that’s not the case… lets say if he removes that… what would be Ideal price.

sorry… I did not quite understood… what are you saying ?

They’re buying your current lease for $5000+ more than your current buy out, and then taking all that money, and applying it as a down payment. That makes this more like $700+ per month, assuming they’re even giving you a fair price on the trade.

2 Likes

It’s the additional amount they charge people who don’t know what dealer prep is.

3 Likes

This, basically.

lube GIF

2 Likes

Dealer prep fees aren’t included on Monroney stickers.

3 Likes

thanks everyone… for the info…

I have asked dealer… if I sell my vehicle what is the actual price that I will get on top of my RV… still not heard that… ok, so considering I have equity… what should I bargain for…

1 Like

The first thing you should do is forget this dealer exists.

Then, you’ll need to get multiple quotes on buying out your vehicle to determine how much equity you actually have.

Then, you’ll want to work out a target deal on a new vehicle.

That would give you a solid baseline of what an appropriate deal here actually is. Until you’ve done that work, there really isn’t a conversation to be had. You need to know what a good deal is before you can judge an offer.

3 Likes

Are you sure your RV is $27000? With 5 more months of $510, your current buyout should be under $30k. The dealer shows a buyout price of $~47k. Which bank is your original lease through?

1 Like

I’m looking at my Original Lease Documents it says $26,070 at the end of the lease… My lease is with Ally

Ally might be charging the dealer a higher buyout than if you were to buy it out yourself. If it’s really worth the $52k the dealership is offering, you have closer to $25k equity if you buy it out yourself.

1 Like

I called Ally and got the info that they provided to the dealer today

• Dealer Inventory Buyout : 46,975
  • My actual buyout they would send letter - it would be 27K
1 Like

Sounds like 20000 reasons not to do this deal.

7 Likes

I have a feeling that this deal, as is, would be a medalist in the worst lease deal Olympics.

3 Likes

W…T….F?!
Unless you have a Quad, ain’t no way in hell a 2019, on any planet, is worth $52k … or $47k, for that matter. Please tell us more about the mythical beast you are currently leasing.

2 Likes

Ok, I see on the paper. A 2019 Stelvio Ti with 17k miles. On a GOOD day at the auction, this is a $39k vehicle. Bad new for the dealer but great news for you. Buy that sucker, sell it, put that $10k or so in your pocket, and start all over again. Preferably not at an Alfa dealer.

3 Likes

There’s worse.