Alfa romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio............Can I get one for $800/pm?

36907469-8e1b-4426-a78d-ffb81b492ddf_text

1 Like

Alfa Romeo has never been associated with anything remotely resembling “reliable.”

2 Likes

I don’t know about you guys but I’m strangely craving pasta

As mentioned earlier even during leasing golden days the QVs never leased for sub-$1000 even with deep discounting. The 40-ish% residual speaks for itself. Maseratis are in the same boat.

2 Likes

There is no reason to be overrdramatic. For every Bob that had an awful experience with Carmaker A, there is a Joe who had an amazing experience with the same company. You want to talk about reliability then yes, we can look at financial stability… but you are sitting here and specifically saying that “Alfa Romeo is terrible” is your opinion and uneducated.

I have heard horror stories with just about every automaker there is, just as I have heard outstanding feedback for those same companies. That’s auto manufacturing for you.

The same argument could be made for your thoughts on insurance companies and how one must be superior or etc to be fair.

Maybe it’s too early in the day for satire.

1 Like

Lol woops my bad

1 Like

I think it’s fairly reliable and would place it on par with Volvo. At least the engine is reliable. There are a few expensive maintenance items though. I think the big question is will Alfa continue to sell the US long term. Also I think the car is overpriced for the US market so most owners got substantial discounts pre Covid. This is a terrible car to lease due to the low residuals.

Well done sir

Thanks for taking it in good humor, as it was intended. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a Ferrari engine. So you go in with your eyes open, and at least that motor has been around for some years and has some development behind it.

It’s a four door sedan that can keep up with almost any supercar, at well under $100k. The value is there if you look at it at certain way. QVs seem to hold their value better than the standard 4 cyl. model.

But many of these cars are tracked, so…

It was too soon (not too “early”), buddy, too soon. :wink:

Volvo, as a brand, does pretty badly on Consumer Reports and JD Power surveys…

*Ferrari-derived.

1 Like

Yes, that’s why I said fairly reliable. No car on market today is truly unreliable. We are passed that I think… at least in the first few years of ownership.

1 Like

Frankly, I don’t trust any of these surveys. They’re flawed from the beginning because of the way they sample, and what they label as a “defect.” And J.D. Power does not seem to have a reputation for impartiality.

Prices are still rocket high for this Italian machines. $1700/month :cold_sweat:

There are much better and nicer cars in that range. Lots of German cars from Porsche, BMW M car(s), MB AMG, Audi RS, etc…

2 Likes

I am wondering when these exaggerated prices are going to start climbing down.