Advice on 24 Month, Low Mileage (5k/yr), Sports Car Lease

It seems some cars are definitely overpriced. So far in my 124 shopping prices are ALL over the place. I think no one bought this car so no one has them in stock and all 3 models are basically the same.

The one I found is a 2017 Abarth with 25k miles and year left on warranty. It has SOME options but not all of them (really don’t care want fun more then anything) its 20,500 or so. I’d say its slightly overpriced.

Now if I search at a dealer I can find that car for the same price hundreds of miles away but maybe with more miles. Or I can find a 2018 with like no miles for the same price. Or a Lusso model for 5k less or 5k more. Its kinda wacky.

Miatas seem REALLY overpriced on Carmax as far as I can tell. And it also seems to depend on the state. A Cali Abarth that looks amazing is 19k and has way less miles and more features.

Clear as mud? There stock fluctuates a lot like carvana though and their financing seems great. You can buy an extra maintenance plan (See Doug Demuro) and you get 7 days to try and return the car which saves a lot.

I haven’t bought anything yet. But the pricing seems OK especially if you are paranoid that a used dealer will sell you a trash can (I am)

I have been a fan of Doug since the beginning of his LR “Bumper-To-Bumper” warranty. I’m glad that he still continues the trend with other warranties these days as well in addition to the great car reviews.

That return this is the best part about CarMax, but I don’t think that every single one of their cars is in tip-top shape. Not sure if this is even an option due to limited stock, but are there any CPO 124s out there?

1 Like

This thread is making me want to get a 124 Abarth 6MT… need to convince my buddy to sell me his…

1 Like

Personally, I’d hold out for an Abarth. It’s better in so many subtle ways, that the sum of the parts make it far more compelling. In fact, I’d try to get a late 2018 or later that has all Abarth badges (including airbag cover) and no Fiat badges. Then if anyone asks what it is, you just say “it’s an Abarth 124, it’s an italian sports car made by the same company that makes Alfa Romeo, Maserati and Ferrari.”

To me, it looks better than a Z4 (did I say that already?).

yea the 2018’s go quick when I see them popup. I’m ancy cause my carmax shipping is now on day 7 or 8 or something even though its only 7 hours away. I just wanna drive it!

I’ll wait for an Abarth for sure. They do look great! I think the Abarth will “hold” its value since no one seems to buy these things I’m sure they’ll stop making it.

The Fiat 124 in all iterations will not survive past 2020, they’ve already announced it’s cancellation. I definitely think they’ll hold their value, especially with a 6-speed manual.

From December, and that was pre-covid: Fiat 124 Spider Reportedly Set to End Production Soon