Advice on 2020 Mercedes E Class

I’m getting ready to negotiate a lease on a 2020 E350 and looking for guidance on what’s a fair discount off list percent and what the going money factor is. Thanks for any advice.

Get a bimmer

2 Likes

Edmunds for MF and RV
Don’t get your hope up hard to get a good discount on the 2019 e class let alone a 2020

2 Likes

That’s a LH challenge if there ever was one.

Consider a 540i if you’re not dead set on E-class. You’ll get a comparable car (with most likely superior powertrain) with lower monthly payment.

If you really want the E, find out residual, MF, applicable rebates — then make a reasonable offer to the dealers in your neighborhood. If you don’t want all that hassle, hire a lease broker.

But seriously, reconsider the 540i.

I’ll echo the sentiment here. MB is suffering from very slow sales on the E-Class… and surprise, it’s because the leases are very poor. But… good luck… make us proud and show us all how it can be done!

If he gets a bimmer, will he then have to change his username? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It can just be an ironic name.

In all seriousness I’m with OP, I’m wanting a benz. However the e class leases so poorly he’s better off financing. Which is what I’m thinking I’ll do in 6 months with a cpo e63 wagon.

As far as I can see there are no 2020 E’s even out in the market and there is no Edmunds thread on lease support that I can find.

1 Like

Haha true the only Benz I see getting discounted in the near future or now would be the 19 gle (not so much because SUVs are in high demand) and the 19 cla, other wise for the e class might have to wait till they release the 2021 model and see if those are hackable

@Benzman
Although for the OP I was in the exact same boat as you, absolutely loved Benz especially for their interior and those two screens, but after driving a couple BMWs there’s something about a BMW that you just don’t feel from a Benz , much more aggressive looking and just feel more concrete. In my opinion a Benz is more “beautiful” and a BMW is more “handsome”

Also like others have said you would very easily be able to get a 530 or even possibly a 740 for the price you might have to shell out for an e class

If your stuck on the E I think going through a broker might be your best bet.

You might want to look at some short term transfers as well in NJ many e 300s are going for 400-600 per month

Edit: where are you seeing an e350, Benz only makes e300 and e450 now there is no e350

You might want to take a look at this as well

Also this transfer

I’ve been talking to my Mercedes dealer and he already has ordering info for the 2020 E and they are are upgrading the 300 to 350 by using the 255HP four already in the GLE. He has an allocation for one to be built in July and delivered in August and I can custom order it exactly as I want. I may go with the 450 but haven’t decided yet. Been driving Benz for 25+ years and always get 3-4K off list, just wanted to see what’s going on now. Thanks for feedback.

1 Like

I see, yeah on an order it’s probably even more unlikely to get a LH worthy deal, however if you like the e class then might as well pay for it, no point into getting into a 2-3 year lease to save some money if you don’t like the car. I would recommend looking into the financing option though like a user above mentioned it might come out to a similar payment

Edit: best to go with a 2017 CPO or used would probably lose a lot less money on it

Yikes, you know you’re going to get hosed right? Especially with it being the new facelift.

3 Likes

If you are getting this dealers one allocation you can forget about any discount.