Advice, Nicest SUV I can least in South FL in $700 range

:point_up::point_up: What Matt said.

My advice still stands.

1 Like

Hey,

Oh no, I did’nt send the screenshot itself, just the details. Perhaps I worded it badly.

Either way, you’ve overshot reality on this offer so significantly that you’ve probably earned a CRM scarlett letter for being unreasonable.

Making offers is a great strategy for being successful, but only if they’re offers that could potentially make viable business sense for a dealer to act on them. This offer is so far out of bed with reality that it only shows that you either failed to do your research or ignored it all together.

1 Like

He sent them numbers based on 12% off MSRP. With some cars that’s realistic but maybe with this one it isn’t.

What is a realistic pre-incentive discount on this vehicle? Are we talking 3-4% or are we talking 8-10%?

On a GV80, in the current market, even that’s probably pushing it right now, especially on the higher trims. There are a few dealers out there advertising discounts on these, but usually with a large amount of hidden add-ons making it all back up.

One would need to actually dive in to the specific trim, look at comps, search through the marketplace here, etc to get a better idea of a target, but I guarantee that 12% is off by several thousands.

1 Like

Until further notice, Michael should just disable the selling price on the LH calculator and make all calcs based on MSRP …

1 Like

You should check the marketplace, there is a Genesis dealer from south Florida that has GV80

1 Like

@vinji does have some. If memory serves, his 3.3T GV80s are roughly $800/mo + tax with $3-4k DAS

1 Like

If your last name is also on the wall at the dealership, you still aren’t getting 12% off / leasing a GV80 in the 7s on a sign-and-drive.

Mmm hmm :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:

OP better hope one of those dealers comes back with “:laughing::joy::rofl: sorry you must be a BMW customer who is new to Genesis — welcome”, wearing his best Nike/Tiger polo.

2 Likes

Welcome back, and thanks for the question. In most cases you should be looking at Tier 1 financing as long as those are FICO scores.

If I were to write a buzzfeed-style click-bait article called “3 cars that lease like a brutal mugging in normal times”, they’re all on your list (except the X5).

Now the Macan’s Audi cousin? Or Q5e. Sure. X3/X5(e). A nice XC60/XC90 Recharge Expression. Various boring Lexus.

The 2022 MDX was a joke, but a 2020 MDX is one of the few lease deals currently left.

If you don’t need a car now, it’s a great time to get your current car detailed and keep driving it.

2 Likes

You don’t tell the IRS about your interesting tax write off’s.

You will have a very difficult time doing a Macan under 700/month without it being a loaner or USBANK financing.

Q5e is probably doable?

X3 no problem, X5 gets slighly more sketchy in this market.

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

I leased a 2020 Audi SQ5 in November for $550/month plus tax plus the maintenance plan ($610/month all in), and the car stickered for $66k. No offense, but not sure why you are willing to pay mid 700s per month for a high-end Hyundai (that’s a LOT of money to spend on a car per month, so you better be getting something really nice). Not trying to be a dick… trying to create some perspective.

2 Likes

You can also look at Volvo XC60 T8 which is what I got. Around $650-$750 depending on the trim and options but they are pretty much fully loaded

If you’re willing to travel to Georgia (shipping would kill the deal), here’s a Pathfinder for $688.

6 Likes

What happened to that thread? I can’t find it. It was so entertaining to read/reply.

You have created zero perspective with a deal from November.

Did you end up getting the GV80? It’s a nice looking SUV

If you can find a X5 for under 700 please let me know. unfortunately because of the chip shortage gouging I have not seen one available for under 850

What pre-incentive discount would be required to get you there based on the programs as they apply to you?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.