Advice Needed: 3-Row SUV Needed Soon

Can this be for Texas? Or only NE?

Delivery to NY/NJ/CT/PA

All other states must pick up.

Currently have a 2019 CX-9 GT and it’s all around the best vehicle I’ve had - previous cars include an X5, Stelvio and currently have an ‘18 SL550 in the garage, so that says how highly I think of the Mazda. It’s super quiet on the road, driving dynamics defy it’s size, fit-and-finish is great. It just feels very nice. Can’t understand why anyone would say they’re crap. However, I do agree the cargo space is not segment leading, but it is more than adequate for our needs.

4 Likes

Lot of good discussion - being in the same boat as you - looking for december deals . One thing I can say - if you are not in a immediate rush ( like if your car broke down and nothing to drive / renting etc …) then wait - atleast do not pay over MSRP . I have found several deals including 5% to 10% off msrp for a luxury suv - but I am not moving forward

I am in the same boat – looking for a 3-row with my lease expiring in December. I am torn between leasing or taking a loan – take on the high MF with a higher payment or take the depreciation risk with a loan.

I’d like to get into an XC90 or another QX60 ideally, so we’ll see what December brings.

Hi all -

Sorry in advance for this being a bit thin on information but curious some thoughts (and maybe tips on a target). My family member recently signed a deal on a Pathfinder Platinum. He settled on $599/mo with $2,500 DAS (which he claims included first month). The term was 24/12. That is, unfortunately, all I have to go on right now. Does that sound like ballpark? He was coming out of an Infiniti, so not sure if any loyalty applied.

On that note: If I were in the market for a Pathfinder Platinum, what do we think should be a target? I know brokers here have said they are still going above MSRP. Just havent seen much talk about the vehicle so figured I’d start a thread.

Thanks!

You need to find the MSRP, that number will change everything.
The pathfinder can be between 53-55k and that’s not even counting adm.

But $599 by itself sounds slightly high, so I think there’s a ton of ADM in there.
It’s 81% on a 24/10 btw

Go to Edmunds forum and find out the MF, rebates and residual. Then find out the MSRP in the Nissan website (there are not many options for this car) and plug it into the LH Calculator. You can then play with the numbers until you get to your monthly payment and work out what the deal really is. This will be partly guess work as without knowing if there are dealer addons etc you will never have a true idea.

You can also check out the various brokers who have listings here.

Hi all -

Got an offer on a '23 Traverse AWD Premier. Per what I’ve received from Edmunds (for a 24/12k term), they are at buy-rate, but I’m having a hard time figuring out how they get to these numbers. Calculator linked below using a 24/12k term with $1k down - and I just put in $500 for Govt Fees. I’m a bit confused by the rebates but through my employer I’m eligible for supplier pricing, also eligible for conquest and costco. Attached is what they provided me.

I’m just shopping around but going to pull the trigger when the deal is right. This doesnt feel like it, but if nothing else its educational to me to see how they’re getting to these figures.

Thanks!

https://leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Chevrolet&miles=12000&msrp=54235&sales_price=51957&months=24&mf=.00365&msd=0&dp=1000&dealer_fee=175&acq_fee=695&disp_fee=395&taxed_inc=6000&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=70&reg_fee=500&sales_tax=8.875&demo_mileage=0&memo=&tradein=0&fin_sp=0&fin_taxed_fee=0&fin_untaxed_fee=0&fin_term=60&fin_apr=1.85&fin_dp=0&fin_rebate=0&fin_ps_rebate=0&keep_term=60&exp_rv=0&totalLeaseTax_radio=true&cap_tax=true&ny_tax=true&bmw_demo_25=true&lease_result_mode=true&dealerFee_check=false&govFee_check=false

If the XC90 isn’t luxury, why would you even consider that?

At a 700+ payment!?!?

https://www.caranddriver.com/chevrolet/traverse

1 Like

Couldnt agree more - I actually had no idea what numbers would look like on a Traverse so figured I’d get a quote. Not at all entertaining it, but looking at this more of an opportunity to learn more about lease structures.

The best thing you can learn in this process is that you should never talk numbers with a dealer without knowing what they should be first. Talking numbers with a dealer is for finding someone to do your deal, not find out how much the dealer wants you to pay.

2 Likes

I guess I just don’t see a point in getting a quote on a vehicle you wouldn’t be interested in.

1 Like

If it was $500/mo with just as many bells/whistles if not more than other vehicles in the class I would have considered it. I was a bit surprised by that 700+ quote.

Through all the research you’ve done on here, wouldn’t you already know that it wouldn’t have been 500/mo by reading this forum?

1 Like

You’re right. But, this thread made me curious since this guy’s numbers were based on an LS with a terrible MF:

I’m really just learning here. This will be my second leased vehicle, so just trying to do the right thing and better understand the market.

1 Like

jeez lousie. is mercury in retrograde tonight? why’s everyone being a dick to this guy for asking some benign questions.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.