Acura Type S Concept

Well I be damned … Acura really is trying hard to get back in the game. Give it 400 hp or at the least high 300s

I’m digging it but it needs to have 400HP+

1 Like

I only hope that the real thing looks as close as possible to the concept. The lines look good and the color is amazing. I know it’s completely infeasible, but I would love to see the a 6MT + K20C1 combo like in the Civic Type R in this, marketed as the “civilized” of the two.

Na I don’t think the 4 banger turbo would be a good option for this class of a sedan. I had seen some spy photos where this concept was actually being tested along side the C-amg’s and even an M in one case. They have to stick to a v6 TT. Also to note on the Japanese side, this will be running against the Q50RS and the GSF.

1 Like

This will get the upcoming 3.0TT. Base engine should be a K20C variant. I believe it will also get a lower power version of the 3.0TT for non Type-S models.

Also this car is freaking gorgeous. Finally going back to where they already were 15 years ago…

Too bad it won’t have a 6MT. I’ll find a way to survive :grin:

I dunno, the Type S variants of Acuras have never been that extreme; they always felt like a bump up rather than full blown AMG / M performance vehicles. Probably a closer analog to the M340i / IS350 F Sport and the likes.

1 Like

Here comes a fellow Honda Enthusiast !!! :metal:

I agree, but if you are familiar with the 07/08 TL type S ( i have owned 2, yes thats how much i loved em) they had a significant bump in powertrain, interior and exterior. It was nothing like the “A spec” version which is pure cosmetics only like the M package and AMG package

This is exciting.

:+1: I really miss the 2011 TL SH-AWD 6MT that I sold after I bought my Accord. That car was really special and by all rights the SH-AWD version of that car should have been called a Type-S as it had a bigger engine, stiffer suspension tuning, different steering rack, etc etc. It was too ugly and too heavy and too big but man that car was something. My 2018 Accord is fantastic, it’s the first Honda product from this decade that actually excited me and felt like it had a little of that ‘Honda magic’, but I would loooove to get back into an Acura…the TLX just does not do anything for me. If this thing comes into production even close the concept they’ll have my monies.

Also, find me a 15 year old design that’s aged better than this…I still stare at them when I see them.

1 Like

IMO mazdaspeed6 aged well. I miss that thing.

Dude … thats my 1st Type S :blush: White Diamond Pearl with Ebony Interior.
My second one was Kinetic Blue Pearl with the Ebony interior which I sold to an enthusiast in Ohio who has spent close to $10k on it after buying it from me this April. I switched it with the CS :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Yup… Best designed ever by Acura. That car still looks of a modern shape till this day when you see a clean one parked somewhere. Compare it to an 07/08 Infiniti, Lexus etc… they all look well aged,

Those years TL still look fantastic. image

The G35 aged really well too. There were some really good looking Japanese luxury cars in the mid 2000’s.

Good luck trying to find a 2004 G35 that doesn’t have gross spoilers, a body kit, blacked out tail lights, and janky exhaust though.

1 Like

Very nice!! No contest between an M4 CS and a TL-S though :grin:

I wonder far too often what would have happened to Acura had Ito not totally gutted Honda R&D and cut all new model development in 2009 doomsday prepping for the economic apocalypse that never happened. They were 90% done with a 5.0L DOHC V10 NSX (which they turned into the HSV race car), 80% done with a 4.0L DOHC V8 for use in the RLX and a bunch of other cool stuff…it would have been pretty wild.

I’m just happy to see that they are finally getting back into the ‘making interesting things’ game. I hope they take this all the way. I think sales of the new RDX being so strong have given them a big boost of confidence that consumers will respond if they actually put effort ($$$$$) into new models and actually make them engaging/dynamic instead of just saying that they are.

Sad day if they final numbers come out and it’s less than 400 horse. As a current Acura owner, no chance I will even consider it if it’s under 400.

1 Like

Trust me you are not the only one. Ever seen the disappointment on Acurazine over the years, when ever a new generation of any model came out lol. Everyone had lost hope!

1 Like

A TL Type S 6spd a bucket list car for me. Just getting too expensive nowadays.

Dude I pretty much stopped going on AZ when the TLX came out. They hyped that car soooooo hard like it was a legit sports sedan but it was worse than the TL in every way. The 2nd gen RDX they couldn’t even be bothered to fit SH AWD into it. The ILX is a really sad vehicle, it reminds me of a 90’s Infiniti G20 (Sentra with leather and a CD player). Let’s see where this goes but I’m excited.

If you ever see one for sale locally, drive a 2010-2013 TL SH-AWD 6MT. They are a hoot. You can do some really fun things with the mechanical torque vectoring rear diff with a manual transmission. Just close your eyes before you get into it :sweat_smile: