Acura NSX - 2019 Lease Deals out there?

By any chance did you buy your McLaren from Auto imports of miami??

Any chance you give me some advice and pointers on picking up a huracan performante?

Dealers in FL are just so difficult to work with.

Thanks

25 cars sitting in a garage somewhere or you have had 25 cars in your lifetime.

I did not, private deal out of Orlando.

Anytime.

1st bit of advice: Skip the Perormante, and order the New Huracan Evo. The rear is redesigned with bat car exhaust and the interior has a much needed 8in LCD upgrade in central console. MSRP $250K, so same as performante.

This is why I got a killer deal on my 2018 Huracan in Oct, because they knew they needed to remove all the new 2018’s and get the redesigned 2019 Huracan Evo the showroom floor.

I know the guy in Miami, Broward, and WPB. Let me know via pirvate message what deal you are currently at and if I can help I certainly will

I hesitate to answer for fear of more loathing, but I am a life long car enthusiast. Have purchased 100’s of vehicles. As we sit today, I have 23 cars, 9 motorcycles, a one 3 wheel Polaris Slingshot spread across 4 garages. I like exotics, electrics, and classics. Trucks and sports cars.

After putting my head down and educating myself for 15 years after high school, it began to pay off. One risky start up after another. Had some wins, plenty of losses. But at the end of the day, the wins paid off my mortgages and prepaid 3 kids college, while the huge losses were just more tuition from the school of Hard Knocks.

For last 5 years or so, with my largest bill being my cell phone bill (run through a company), I began to realize that I can afford to have a mixture of owned and leased cars and enjoy my lifelong obsession this way. So, I bought a home with a “Big Boy Toys” Garage and started my collection. Every car gets driven, every car gets enjoyed, and every car is disposable at drop of a hat should my family or friends need something from me.

I have zero attachment to any of them, all about the hobby and enjoyment.

Our household drives 10K miles (me, wife, son) a month, and we enjoy every mile. My son is nearly 18yo so he drives a Lexus NX300 for $296/mo that he pays for by his hardwork. I paid the nominal downpayment for him for Xmas in 2017. He likes ours cars, but does not “borrow” them to drive to school or show off. Only 1 of his friends even knows he has a car collection at all. He instead wants to create his own life and earn it for himself. Very proud of his attitude. Hope he allows himself to borrow one here or there in college though :wink:

Of late, I am looking to increase my exotics and consolidating my classics as I wish to pair down to about a dozen vehicles no more.

The NSX has 675miles on it in just a week, and I can’t be happier with the deal, fit, finish. It is close to top of my food chain.

10 Likes

I’m definitely more of an opportunity buyer than emotional. I’m after all on leasehackr lol

My reasoning for the performante is that it’s likely to hold its value a little better than the regular car which suits my stile better as I’m definitely a one exotic car owner type of guy and it would have to see me through for 4-5 years before upgrading.

I’m all about the deal, so if I can find a leftover 18 or even wait till leftover 19, then I’d be all over it.

So, my suggestion in this case would be to wait until end 2019 (around Oct) and pick up a Huracan Evo 2019 that someone else ordered and never got or was punched out by the dealer. The 2019 will be the one that holds its value deep into its 5th year. Nobody is going to want the 1st gen Huracan so resale is going to drop. 2019 will maintain nicely even after the next model comes out 5 years from now. In Lamborghini, they keep a car for about 10years, but halfway through they redesign it. The 1st gen of the model suffers, the 2nd get becomes the cult classic.

See Gallardo, its the 2nd gen (2009 on, with the Aventador inspired redesign back) that was tremendous resale value. Selling around $140 to $150K for a 10yr old car that sold for $225K brand new.

I am bummed I got one of the last get 1 Huracans, but at least mine is a lease. Plan is to early return for a Huracan Evo in 18 months. There should still be good equity in my deal for down payment on next lease.

All makes sense?

I purchased my performante simply because it was the best car in its category, retaining value would be a plus and my prior superllegara retained tis value much better then a regular gallardo, but in the end it was obviously an emotional purchase and i have no regrets

Performante is best in class. No question

The new Evo IS the performante with styling updates and all packaged as the “New Huracan” so that is why I suggest ordering the Evo.

On an emotional and financial basis you shall not be disappointed.

Looks like i can learn a lot from you… let me know when you are in miami next time so that we can meet maybe i can get some real life changing advice from you

This post had some weird turns in it but enjoyed OP’s transparency.

Obviously nice car too btw.

The cost per mile on this is actually superb 64K for 30K miles is $2.13/mile.

I did the 2 year lease on this car, for which I got some shade, the total out of pocket is like 32,500 for 10K miles total or $3.25 /mile. I am on track to exceed the miles by 2.5K per year at $.25 / mile penalty which nets to $2.25 per mile.

So IMHO, this deal is awesome. What was the penalty of miles? still 25 cents per mile or did they fix that loop hole?

Finally a guy with experience in exotics. You are right, the biggest “lease hack” you can do is sit back and calculate your Total out of Pocket (TOP) and divide by amount of miles allowed.

$/mile = at the end of the day is the final determinant of a “good deal” or not.

And can you believe it, I got them to drop to .20 a mile (caveat: I had to stick with 10K a year to get that)

You know Steeler, if your lease is a 2yr, I think my guy here in Florida can get you into a 2019, lots of improvements, back down to 0 miles, and get you a similar deal to me. If interested, they have a Thermal Orange with black interior/black rims in the showroom.

McLaren 570s or 570Gt is probably next. A preowned one is cheap enough to buy, put 15k miles at $3.5/mile in depreciation over 2 years. Coming up on sweet spot of curve i think, hope. 150k buy in, 95k trade out for a 210k sticker car is about right i think. Thoughts?

I am also reasonably optimistic the Aston Martin Vantage or DB11 V8 will show up with decent lease deals at year end, which is when my lease is up.

I will DM you

Damn… I certainly hope so. Lease is up on my GT and those two are on my short list.

SunPanda - I’m in the market for a NSX lease.

Can you share which dealer you landed your amazing lease through?

It can be tough on here, but you seem to have great taste in cars and the ability to enjoy them so it is great to see that. We all want that eventually but learning how to lease correctly is an art to itself and you seem to have done well and brokered a deal that works for you - the point of the forum is to get to within certain specs of a formula that specify the car is a best lease practices good deal. I am still learning how to do this and the idea of having a good broker is now something I want to use to get smart about these things (read this as get lazy and let someone else do the work). Now my goal is to get an NSX for 800 a month no money down, then only will I be allowed access to Lease Valhalla.

Your goal is 800/month 0 down on an NSX?