Accord Sport 2.0 Deal Check

Not too too bad - I picked up by 2.0T back in Sept - yes yes, I know, more than 10 months ago and not really valid in this situation. It was a $0 sign and drive with 15k miles for $379 all in, on a standard 36 month lease in NJ. Most dealers were originally quoting me as high as $430, but obviously that was way out of the question. With being home from covid all these months I only have 6600 miles on my car - gonna end up selling to carvana or vroom once I’m in a little bit of a profit (incase they try to lower the value of the car for whatever reason). Too bad Honda doesn’t allow lease transfers - since you only planned on keeping the car 2 to 2.5 years this would’ve fit the bill perfectly. Good luck tho, keep us updated!

1 Like

There are some cars that do not normally lease well based on the residual value, incentives, money factor and dealer discount. For example, most Porsches don’t lease well since they are not normally discounted much and the manufacturer does not offer much in incentives.

As for the Accord and your deal, if 12.9% off MSRP is the best discount you have been able to negotiate, then I will go for it (if I were in your shoes). However, since we are now in August, confirm numbers for MF and RV on Edmunds.

How many more months do you have left on your civic lease? Looks like you are already over the alloted miles, correct?

Yes, but everyone’s situation is different. Before this forum, I purchased my 2013 Accord brand new 5 years ago. 2 years ago, I decided I wanted to try leasing and got myself into an Audi A4.

At the end of the day, do what makes sense financially. If you plan to drive 15k miles a year, I would suggest getting a lease with those terms.

Good luck.

1 Like

I just looked at Tirerack’s decision guide … for an assumed 2018 Civic LX I put emphasis on winter traction and value, it came back with three tire choices between $95-120 each.

3 Likes

If OP is already over on mileage I don’t think selling the car to carvana or vroom now is a bad idea. If used car prices don’t hold she could be suck paying at the end of the lease (plus the cost of tires, out of warranty…). My advice would to just be open to other cars.

1 Like

If you can’t afford a $500 payment like you said then don’t finance, lease it.

Yes, this is a leasing forum but the point of this forum is not “leasing it no matter what”. There are some instances where buying makes more sense than leasing.

Also you can’t compare a monthly lease payment with a monthly car loan payment just buy the monthly number. You do realize that after paying off the car you own the car and you can sell it for certain amount of money right? So, in reality those $500 monthly payments don’t go to air entirely.

This poster is driving an alfa Romero for just about the same price as that sport 2.0

1 Like

Tires don’t just go from having snow traction to sliding out of a July car wash in 6 months. I suspect you must have realized last winter your tires needed to be changed. So even though you had almost two winters and 15 months left on your lease you decided you weren’t going to spend a dime on a leased car, no matter how danger it posed to yourself, your passengers and innocent bystanders.

TLDR leasing probably isn’t right for you. Buy something that’s in your budget.

So a solid 8 months left. Looks like you will be closing in on nearly 50,000 miles by that time frame. You will be 14,000 over. I dont think even 15,000 miles a year would be beneficial, might be best to buy out your current lease, put new tires on and enjoy it for the time being.

By the way
What is attracting you to a new lease and the honda sport 2.0?

1 Like

@max_g Wow - this “even though you had almost two winters and 15 months left on your lease you decided you weren’t going to spend a dime on a leased car, no matter how danger it posed to yourself, your passengers and innocent bystanders.” is making a lot of assumptions and completely unnecessary - adds nothing to this discussion.

1 Like

@Batistuta “You do realize that after paying off the car you own the car and you can sell it for certain amount of money right?” Indeed I do realize this, I am not actually completely clueless.

1 Like

It may not be relevant to your deal but it is accurate. Driving on bald/worn tires not only endangers you but many others, replacing tires on a civic won’t break the bank.

You can get tires for your civic for 450 installed. I wouldn’t spend more than 100 each tire. Just make sure you compare the stats on tires (tire rack) to make the decision that best fits you and your families’ needs.

1 Like

@Traderx I’m not keeping my civic but will for sure be open to other cars as others have suggested. What is attracting me to a new lease is - this was my plan all along - lease for 2-3 years and if I have a vehicle with high RV I can move on to a new lease. I grew up and went through my twenties having one older shi* car after another, for years and years it was constant stress of what noise is it making, why is it not starting, tires blowing, etc. When you drive an aging car despite always getting routine maintenance - that is just the deal, stuff is going to go wrong. And then you get the stress of dealing with these service shops that are no better than the dealerships. I like my Civic and always have but I LOVE the accord. I know, don’t fall in love with any vehicle but it’s got basically everything I want and nothing I don’t. The dealers don’t know I love it - I only communicate via email until ready to sign (outside test drives, of course). Long answer to your question - that’s why I want to lease the accord. The 1.5 is ok…but kind of meh, family sedan. The 2.0 is a great, safe yet fun car. I’m sure there are much better vehicles but not sure how many with as high a RV and under 30k. Long answer to your question and probably TMI.

@Trato Thanks for jumping in but again - assumptions are being made. The focus should be on the lease I presented at 12.9% off which as I understand it is a really good deal for an Accord. I don’t think my current vehicle or personal financial situation is any of your or anyone else’s, concern. I am not here to be scolded, it is not material to the discussion - it’s assumptive and condescending.

I’m not keeping my civic - I could end up upside down on the lease (the only reason I’m not now is b/c of covid/not driving much for 4 months). If you have any thoughts on my accord lease I would love to hear them.

Never scolded or made assumptions. Just saying what bald tires can do and that your pricing on new tires seemed high. Seen it many times after living in states that don’t have vehicle inspections. You did introduce the tire discussion so to not expect commentary on it is interesting.

@Traderx Interesting. Wonder what trim level he got? There are like 10 in the Giulia. RV is not as good as Honda…unless we are just comparing monthly payments (which I’ve been heavily chastised for lol) but for sure - he got a great deal. Seems like a lot of great deals I’ve seen on this site are in FL.

@KCKT - Have you run the numbers vis a vis your overage miles? Does HFS offer a discount if you prepay for miles now instead of waiting for the end of your lease?

Hope this helps.

That’s 9 months. Still a ways to go.

1 Like

OP is obviously set on the 2.0 and is now aware of the risk that they could be thousands upside down in a few yours. Time to close this one down.

Yeah that’s what they were going for generally/historically but if you were lucky during certain months with the right dealers, you could even hit $220-$225 on 8th and 9th gens Sports.

Once the 10th gen came , no mas my friend.

Def would’ve jumped on a 10th gen Accord lease, but why would I pay nearly $400 bucks for that when I can lease a 5 series loaner for that kind of money?

Good Bye Honda

1 Like