About to sign this lease 2020 GLE 350 4MATIC

It’s a fart car, about 6000 miles on it. White color and black interior, 62K MSRP , selling it as 51k in the lease calculation. I am paying 700 per month 48 months, only first month payment due at signing, the rest of the fees and taxes are all in the monthly payment. 15,000 miles per year, no pre paid maintenance.

So all together:
62k MSRP 2020 GLE 4MATIC
700 DAS, 700 per month 48 months, 15k miles

I am not utilizing MSD’s or anything like that
What do you guys think? Good deal or pass?

Do you really want to be financially responsible for an out of warranty MB from 50k to 66k miles? That could be a very expensive turn in :poop:

What’s the MF? No incentives?

2 Likes

Run. Far far away

2 Likes

I will have to check, the only incentive was 500 from AMA, i thought about being out of warranty, you are right it will be a problem, dealer said he can certify it for an extra 1000 to keep it in warranty during the lease

I appreciate it, what would you pay for this particular car monthly in that case? It would be easier to ask him to adjust his price instead of starting new with other dealers, if this deal is crap the others were HOT S*** lol

Yeah 48mo at 15k and a fart car, terrible idea.

1 Like

Why not just do a 36mo term?

Or get an X3 for nearly half this…

1 Like

So if i was able to get the dealer to do 36 months and agree to the rest of the terms would it be a good lease deal? I would return the car with 51000 miles then, only 1000 miles out of warranty

The x3 is too small and I am a fan of mercedes, but you’re right I will push for 36 months

would paying 1000 to certify it and get the warranty throughout the lease make this a good deal?

Oh sorry, GLC is X3 competitor. I get them mixed up.

You tell us how much of a discount % is needed at 36mos to get the same payment. You should already have MF, RV for both terms.

I remember he told me residual was 55%, I will have to confirm MF. Do you think sticking to 48 months and paying 1000 to certify it and get the warranty throughout the lease term would still make this a good deal?

Here’s my advice:

Forget this specific vehicle. Put it out of your mind. It no longer exists.

Stop everything you’re doing and speak to no more dealers.

Go read through the leasing 101 sections to get very well versed in how a lease is structured, what makes a good deal, etc.

Then, go to Edmunds and get the mf/RV/incentives information for a gle.

Then research all of the gle deals you can find here to get a solid idea of a target pre-incentive discount for both a new car and a loaner.

Then find a new target vehicle and put together pricing for what it should cost/what a good deal is.

Then, and only then, reengage with dealers to find someone that will do the deal you want.

7 Likes

thank you good sir, i will do exactly that. I am 67 YO physician, i feel so lazy and tired once i get home, i have been working on this deal for 6 weeks so i will try to tweak this deal to your guys concerns. Thank you guys so much!

1 Like

18% on a 6,000 mile loaner? Large pass from me. If really aggressive, should be high 20s to low 30s percent discount before any incentives.

Also, is there any reason why you would opt for the 48 month over a 36 month? You should include your MF and RV in addition to checking Edmunds to see the difference.

Edit: Just saw @mllcb42 bascally said what I said in the first portion.

30% discount? Can you link any 30% off loaners?

These types of statements are irresponsible IMO.

:bat:

3 Likes

2020 gle loaners at that

I’m 33 and feel lazy and tired when I get home, so I’d say you’re doing great :+1:

1 Like

Signed: 2020 Volvo S60 T5 Momentum FWD (Loaner)

Just signed this last month (27% I believe on a loaner with only 5,500 miles before discounts).

Great job on the Volvo.

So n = 1. And it’s a different brand and a sedan instead of an SUV.

:bat:

2 Likes