A new reason to hate Toyota

I’ve always disliked Toyota vehicles - well, here’s a whole new reason to never get into a Toyota: the company is the #1 financial supporter of seditionists in Congress who supported the insurrection, and are trying to destroy our country.

3 Likes

I guess the list only grows … #NeverToyota

3 Likes

1 Like

Hmmm…wonder if Hill+Knowlton is behind this campaign. Then who’s paying them…VW, Honda?

2 Likes

Wait whaaaa? so in the UK it’s just a normal hybrid Corolla dressed up to look like a GR model? Interesting. I’m actually a bit jealous of the wagon I have to admit.

Sounds like we should get rid of every politician who accepted money from Toyota

5 Likes

In before the lockdown…Do you know what the greatest thing about this world is…options and choices. Maybe add Mercedes to the list too since Hitler rode in one? Maybe add Alfa Romeo since they were a fascist country at one point too? Better not buy any EVs after seeing how some of the materials for batteries are mined.

3 Likes

Not sure if a global communications agency is needed to be angry about a brand giving direct money to seditionists.

2 Likes

I’m just pointing out what’s happening here and now. The people behind the attack on our democracy are criminals. It’s outrageous that some companies are supporting them. The vast majority of corporate America is not. The companies that do need to be called out.

2 Likes

I realize they give to Democrats as well. But the fact that they are one of a handful of companies willingly given to seditionists is outrageous.

1 Like

hahaha good god it takes some real delusion to think everyone thinks the same way you do, thank god I drive a lexus!!!

7 Likes

sounds like you are watching too much CNN. Take a breath, go outside for a walk.

Every company does scummy stuff if you dig deep enough. Every company.

14 Likes

1 Like

If you stopped buying from every company that does something you don’t agree with then there’s a nice little community in Lancaster Pa to move to. They live a quaint simple life mainly away from corporate greed.

A public corporation by nature should never get involved in anything political. Their duty is to make profits for their shareholders. Nothing more, nothing less.

12 Likes

So we should never ever hold companies accountable for their actions? I believe in the free market but that doesn’t excuse reprehensible behavior by corporations.

Who is “we”? If I don’t like a company I don’t buy from them. If I wanted to find issue with any company I could so it’s a non issue personally. As another poster said, you’ll buy evs that have rare earth in the batteries that are mined by children? Toyota should be the least of your worries in this world. They likely donate to every member of congress. It’s not like they only donated to those members that supported that cause.

Are you replying to me on an iPhone? You can look into apples practices also…

8 Likes

I guess I still believe in “we”, as in: a functioning American society where we share a core set of values. That we can’t even agree that it’s terrible that one of the major automakers is supporting insurrectionists is surprising.

And sorry, whataboutism doesn’t fly with me.

1 Like

I don’t see anything in the OP’s post that assumes that they think everyone thinks the same way they do. I think they were just posting an opinion.

::shrug::

You do know that there’s at least one broker here who won’t deal w/ MB b/c of this, right (IIRC)? (Some) Jewish people not purchasing an MB b/c of the connection is actually a thing. It wasn’t just that Hitler rode in one. The company was Nazi-sponsored.

3 Likes

but you are typing on a phone made by child slave labor. Surely you have no morality for supporting such a company, right?

6 Likes