A new reason to hate Toyota

If we start holding companies accountable, we’ll literally find an issue in every single company until there is no company left. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It’s interesting that you’d like to talk about a bunch of different issues without at least acknowledging the outrageousness of Toyota’s actions.
Whataboutism is one of the key reasons why there’s so little forward momentum in America at the moment. It stops everything in its tracks.

Really? All companies are corrupt and beyond reproach? That’s a pretty radical take on capitalism!

1 Like

That greed is always going to be there no matter what you do to address it.

you have to dive in deeper than what CNN or Twitter is telling you…

Yea a bunch of losers in halloween costumes chasing social media clout were going to overthrow the united states of america…right. It really takes some mental gymnastics to be that brainwashed…

2 Likes

Actually, I think the real problem by far is people are too reactionary, they jump on the cancel bandwagon because someone on Twitter or CNN told them too, without taking 2 steps to use logic. Everyone in this country is becoming an unreasonable baby with a pitchfork ready at all times.

You wouldn’t be mad that children are working to death, usually dying before reaching age 10, in order to make your iPhone — no that’s no issue at all. We should get mad that someone is donating to the opposite political sports team that I belong to. Yes, very logical.

4 Likes

Doesn’t have to be one or the other. I have the capability to be mad about two things at once :slight_smile:
My point is - Throwing out other examples that have no bearing on the current discussion is getting us absolutely nowhere, just like pointing to unrelated protests in response to the attack on the Capitol just distracts from the actual issue at hand.

Glad to know that a coup attempt led by the President of the United States, in which several people died, was just a fun street party in your opinion.

4 Likes

Vote with your wallet. Since it’s apparent, that only those in power can benefit from their choices. Clarence Thomas wants to get rid of LGBTQ+ rights, restrict birth control, recriminalize sodomy, and go back to ‘a simpler time’. Why not go further, reverse suffrage, recriminalize interracial marriage, return to a polling tax, and ban people who aren’t land owners from voting (actually, they might write that one down, to prevent younger ppl from voting).

5 Likes

Should start a poll on how many posts in this thread before it’s closed.

8 Likes

Sub-100. Mark my words.

2 Likes

Liberalism is a mental disease.

It’s the “cancel culture” people like OP thats causing our country to go to shit.

Take your participation trophy mentality elsewhere pal.

5 Likes

Wait till they start cancelling dead people

Too political for LH. Plenty of other places online for politics.