A Good EV Plugin Hybrid Sedan to lease?

Thats what I have said in my previous comment.

Manufacturers have different motivations to sell in certain states vs others. CA is part of CARB which impose stricter emission rules on manufacturers. Car makers here need to sell evs or buy credits from other manufacturers that sell then in order to sell their gas cars in CA. NY is also part of CARB so I’m not sure why Honda is giving you guys the cold shoulder…maybe they already have enough credits and don’t need any right now. The other possibility is that stock is low and redirected to CA where most of ev selling is happening.
As Jon said, don’t focus on the individual fed and state credits on a lease…they will be included in NY…just try to get a good deal from a dealer that wants to move some inventory.

Exception is Owner’s Choice leases in TX, IL.

Owner’s Choice program technically isn’t a lease.

2 Likes

True, and the terms tend to be akin to taking an MF markup as well. :sunny:

Higher MF but no acq fee charged.

1 Like

There aren’t enough stock of EVs in NY. Most of the dealers have 1 to 5 cars tops.

I am wondering if you can have a friend here in California buy an EV then you swap a lease?

I have no idea if this is advantageous but theres a lot of EVs here.

Edit: To get CA rebate, the owner must have CA drivers license and must own or lease the EV for 30 months.

So, no CA rebate if swapping a lease earlier than 30 months.

If there wasn’t a vigorous process involved such as the credit check and a lease, I’d ask but still it feels too much.

I’m not sure how the incentive would work in that case though, if I buy the car from a CA dealer and ask to ship to NY.

Why ship it? Just drive it, EVs are practically free. :grin:

Well on a lease, I don’t think its a good idea even though charging is free your miles are counted. Using roughly 1/4th of the miles in the year to bring it won’t be a good idea.

Check out my post on a Ford fusion energi. 244/month inc tax, 450 total DAS

2 Likes

Just saw it, is it still there?

What is the unlimited mileage and all inclusive lease you speak of on the ioniq? Can you get that today in August 2019? Would you mind sharing your lease info including payment with tax and fees, MF, RV, limited or standard all electric ioniq? How does unlimited miles lease work? I’ve never heard of that.

That was the good ole days of 2017 when they were running that crazy offer with unlimited miles and 50k miles of free charging. No more of that today…10k miles, 229 with 2500 down is their standard lease.

Yeah good ole 2017 when not many bought EVs.

I was like shooting fish in a barrel…Bolt was at $140 per month…lol. 500e for your one line phone bill before credits, eGolf for…well that one is still crazy cheap.

wow! sounds like a dream. those are too good to be hacked. maybe the next big break in energy we’ll see more deals! flying cars maybe?

Have you seen any published lease deals on the limited?

No. There was a post on here recently about one but nothing to write home about. If you are looking for one contact one of the Hyundai brokers on here and see what they come up with.
But with the current deal on the eGolf why even bother to shop for a Ioniq?