A-Class Lease - How badly did I get hosed?

I’d guess 90% of Americans who lease don’t know what MF means. Why do you think they use the term MF instead of APR.

Many are probably a little more careful in thinking about payments versus value of car but certainly not all. I know plenty of highly educated people who think you don’t need to negotiate a lease.

I would guess most luxury car dealerships make a disproportionate amount of their profit on leases. It’s too easy to figure out what a car should cost when buying it. Whereas leasing still completely befuddles most Americans.

3 Likes

When it gets cold and starts snowing, drive fast and take many chances. GAP insurance is the only thing that’s going to save this one. Definitely one of the worst deals I’ve seen posted on here. Lots of adds, no selling price discount, bumped acq fee. Next time we can help…for now, think of creative ways to total it that aren’t felonious and won’t result in serious bodily injury.

Just curious, how did this deal go down? Did you just go straight from driving the car to the finance office?

9 Likes

I’m dead…but seriously this is a great suggestion…jk…or maybe not :thinking:

There are brokers on here wondering why they can’t find more clients like you. Could move their fees up to 4 figures and still beat this…

Just drive the car and don’t visit this site until it’s time for a new lease. This is probably your best option.

2 Likes

I would recommend leaving your keys in the car and hoping someone steals it :joy:

3 Likes

Unfortunately you’re paying near E class price for an entry level Benz.

Hi, OP, I’m a professional thief and would take $1,000 as a commission to steal your car.

7 Likes

Hello police?

2 Likes

3 Likes

LOL, thanks guys. All of this was helpful and I definitely deserve most of the blame. That said, the dealership screwed me pretty hard and they didn’t HAVE to do that. I may just bite the bullet and try to incentivize the payment down to $500 or so. I’ve been through hell with with their service dept trying to get the sunroof fixed too (it was broken from day 1) and I’m ready to just pay a premium to wash my hands of these people.

You can always hope they cant fix the sunroof and you can claim the lemon law…

4 Likes

Hmmm…not sure if you can lemon law over a sunroof but that for me would have been enough to force their hand to unwind the deal.

Unfortunately I didn’t try to open it until like a week after papers were signed.

Depending on what state, if they can fix it in 3 repairs or the cars in shop for 30 calendar days in the first year. But that was sarcasm.

You can always try to sell the car to CarMax, vroom, etc. Might be around 5k loss if youre lucky… but it doesn’t hurt to try.

Actually, if it’s a water leak issue, it could very well fall under the lemon law. Then again if it’s a water leak issue, make sure to park it outside when it’s raining really hard @okdaniel …and you’re out of the lease. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Other than the sunroof, why get rid of the car and pay someone thousands of dollars in incentives? Just because it’s a bad deal doesn’t make it a bad car. From what I heard it’s a fun little car. I’d fix the sunroof and ride the heck out of it.

3 Likes

Sounds like he bored of the car, the reminder of the bad deal, or the novelty has worn off cause its been suggested multiple times before.

3 Likes

It actually is a fun car in the city, though not really on the highway. The lack of HP really is a sore spot there and does get irritating on road trips. Also driver assistance features on the A-Class without the driver’s assistance package is basically limited to blind spot detection. There are no parking sensors, not even the rear. It’s kind of ridiculous and I just feel like I should have gotten something electric and smarter for what I’m paying.

Yeah, I have a very hard time living with a bad deal. Even if it costs me more in the end, keeping it just really bothers me. Really upset with myself because I research everything in life, and I just went out and made an incredibly dumb, impulsive decision. Don’t want to be reminded of that every day.

6 Likes

It would bother me more to pay someone equivalent to $300-400 a month so THEY would have to enjoy it.

Sounds like you would have been happier with an Accord Hybrid Touring, but you may not have had $9k laying around.

5 Likes