$373 2017 Volvo XC90 T5 R-DESIGN

It was raining that day and they had no sale on that Wednesday when I visited. Plus the owner was there visiting the store when I was there. The general manager was working my deal instead of the new car sales manager. The fact that the GM offered me more discount than I asked for just didn’t make sense. That’s how I thought the dealership didn’t know much about MSD as they only did three deals so far with MSD.

I guess I was in the right place at the right time.

PS. I hv visited the dealership twice before the day I made the deal for other reasons (test driving V90 cc and getting the $50 Amazon GC for test driving). So they knew I was serious about getting a car.

Congrats on the deal. I’m working on one now.
Just to clarify, the GM didn’t give you more discount you did not ask for. There’s a $1500 Volvo lease cash on this trim. It’s not available on the Momentum and Inscription trims.

So others should aim for: (R-Design Trim)

~ 10% discount
$3500 Conquest
$1500 Volvo lease credit
$750 Costco
$200 Costco card (later)
With max MSDs

$1500 lease cash is only available on T6 trim, not T5 trim. Mine is aT5 R-Design.

$1500 lease cash is only available on T6 trim, not T5 trim. Mine is a T5 R-Design.

1500 is available on the inscription trim

Anybody know MF & residual 24/10 36/10 for the inscription?

From Volvo website (Midsommer promotion)

Take new retail delivery from dealer stock between August 1, 2017 and August 31, 2017. Car shown with optional equipment. Advertised lease payment and financing excludes taxes, title and registration fees and is available for quality customers based on FICO score through Volvo car Financial Services. The Non-Cash Allowance, is available towards the lease or purchase of select new 2017 and 2018 Volvo models (excludes XC90 Momentum and Excellence, V90 and MY18 XC60).

Sorry I misspoke - not available with Momentum and Excellence. But @inter101, it is available on both T5 and T6 R-Design.

Do you hv the link where it stated T5 R-design is included?

I hv checked with Edmunds forum and Volvo website, they both said T5 R-design doesn’t not offer 1500 lease cash.

My local dealer website said it was inscription. They could be wrong though.

@Ursus posted below link from another post. You should be able to check all incentive from below link

http://www.volvocars.com/us/shopping-tools/purchase/payment-estimator

The text above is from Volvo website. Link here, scroll all the way to the bottom.
http://www.volvocars.com/us/shopping-tools/additional-choices/events/summer-sales-event

The exclusion is for Momentum and Excellence. “excludes XC90 Momentum and Excellence, V90 and MY18 XC60”

So both R-Design trims should be included. He gave you that credit, didn’t he?
I doubt that they are just being generous. :slight_smile:
Anyway great deal man.

I am working on one but my local dealer only have 2017 Momentum and I am trying to push for more than 11% discount they agreed to but it seems unlikely. Will see.
Thanks for the inspiration though.

They gave me the discount did not mean they applied the 1500 lease cash. I was wondering about that too before visited the dealer. And was confirm by Volvo and Edmunds that they did not offer 1500 lease cash.

Based on the below link, 2017 Momentum T5/T6 do not offer 1500 lease cash either.

http://www.volvocars.com/us/shopping-tools/purchase/payment-estimator

It may be based on your zip. It did not show for @inter101’s zip, but may show for yours. Like he said - the best way is to check is Volvo payment calculator

1 Like

Wait until it starts snowing and you are there the Wednesday after Christmas - they will be begging you to take the car for 30% off …

1 Like

Without MSDs what do you think a realstic payment could be on a 2017 R-Design?

Volvo is already giving cars away at 30% or more off

Just enter numbers with and without MSD in calculator. How hard it is?

Point taken, newbie here who has to figure the calc out, I think I am messing up taxed incentives. Will figure it out eventually.

What do you guys think about this? Dealer is not budging anymore and I walked.

2017 Volvo XC90 Momentum T5
MSRP: $55,540
Selling Price: $49,540
Discount: $6,000
Rebates: $3,500 Conquest, $750 Costco
Term 36 month, 12k miles/year
MF 0.00094 base, and can be brought down to 0.00044 (dealer was still trying to play games with that)
Tax rate 7.5%
payment ~ $497/month including tax with, $0 down, 10 MSDs and drive offs
payment ~ $538/month including tax with, $0 down, 0 MSDs and drive offs

If the Momentum trim had that extra $1500 I would have pulled the trigger so I was asking for more discount and they won’t budge.

Any advice?

Don’t try to get exact numbers at this point. To get the idea, just use the simple one and you can see numbers next to each other there: http://www.ridewithg.com/rwg-calculator/

1 Like