$342 Mercedes-Benz E300 4matic loaner

I came across this loaner over the weekend. I was hoping for low 300’s including tax with United $2k rebate. But they would only gave me additional $1k off for my United rebate (their excuse was this rebate is in conflict with summer sales rebate of $1k which was already included in the discounted price) plus marking up on MF and acquisition fee. Since I don’t need an additional car at the moment and this car doesn’t hv heated steering wheel. So I passed it up. But sub $400 lease on E300 loaner is definitely doable.

This car has been sold or leased according to my salesman.

2017 Mercedes-Benz E300 4matic loaner

Mileage: 5900 miles

MSRP: $62605

Dealer discount: $14954
Rebate: $1000 United Mileage Plus

36/7.5
MF = 0.00032 (10 MSD with autopay. Should hv been 0.00012)
RV = 59% because of the mileage
Acquisition fee: $1095
Doc fee and license fee: $603.74
$0 down, $4500 for MSD

$342.54/mo excluding tax

2 Likes

7500 miles a year??? That sounds suicidal on the back end!

1 Like

I usually drive under 10k/yr and 20 cents a mile
Is cheap any way.

It will be an additional car for me, so 7500 miles will be more than enough. Going with 10k miles will increase the monthly payment by about $20 per month. Should still be under $400 including tax.

1 Like

I think they are feeding you a line on the incompatibility between the two rebates. The United/PenFed/USAA rebates are completely separate and the dealer gets reimbursed for that just like they do any other rebate. So I would demand the other $1000 which will knock the price down to low 300s or give you the 10k miles. You should also demand the buy MF without question.

I know because I am driving a 58K loaner (9K miles, RWD) for 244/mo+tax and I got the full rebate and the buy MF back at the end of June. It can only be better now I imagine.

These e class loaner deals are getting out of hand lol

1 Like

Do you have to have a certain tier of United (Premier?) for the United rebate? I have Mileage Plus but no specific status. My dealer said they could only do $500 off. What are the terms of the rebate? Thank you!

Has anyone ever found an E300 loaner with the P3 package (ie, with the autonomy tech features)?

Amasih - do you know the calculation applied for the mileage on the loaner against the residual value? I saw a similar car with similar miles and a $1200 line item for the mileage.

Thx

has to be premier status I think

Yes i am really interested in this question as well, anyone ever found a loaner with a p3 package on an e300? Also, are there any rules dictating the RV drop based on how many miles a demo / loaner vehicle has? For example, i think BMW drops the RV by 4% if a vehicle has over 5k miles, so its always better to look for demos under 5k because the RV hit is worse then whatever discount you can get due to the excess mileage. Any rules like that for Mercedes?

I don’t have a line item for mileage on my lease, but the base RV in June was 60% of 36/10, and I ended up having an RV of 58.78% with 9,079 miles at delivery. I wish I could tell you how they calculated it, but I was doing the “hey I’ll pay $5,000 down including max MSDs and want a payment of less than $250/mo+tax” and they made the numbers work.

Hope that is helpful.

They jacked up the acquisition fee from 795 to 1095.

What’s the United rebate? Do you just have to be a United Plus member to qualify or what?

1 Like

Even my dealer told me that the new acquisition fee is 1095. Maybe that is a “standard dealer markup” now, I am not sure.

For the United MileagePlus rebate, I think you do have to have Premier status. But I’m not certain.

I dont think I’m premier, but the rebate amount shows up as $1500 for me in my certificate

@inter101, I looked up the stock number, this shows up as a used car at the ford-lincoln dealer. Are you doing this at a benz dealer? I’m just curious. Would be interesting to see that can lease a loaner car at something other than a benz dealer.

I signed in to my United account and the only thing I see for MB is earn 25K miles if you buy a CPO. Nothing about a rebate. How do you unlock that magical rebate? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just logged in. Looks like they dropped the E-Class money to $1500. :frowning:

Here is a screenshot of all the United Rebates:

USAA has also dropped their money to $1500, as has PenFed. I guess they moved enough out in June and July…

What tier are you @amasih?

@furry @jimjay @amasih I believe for demos, they re-adjust the RV by charging 20 cents for any miles over 3k. It matches @inter101’s worksheet numbers.