25 zero down lease deals under $250

To @DNJA’s point, @Carlucent, can you let us know what kind of deal you can get on 2 of the more popular hacks these days - 2018 Volvo S90 T6 Momentum and 2018 Lexus GX460?

These aren’t bad deals for a brokerage looking to do volume. The post is straightforward RE costs, and even though he doesn’t disclose his fees, at least you know it’s already baked into the pricing so there aren’t any surprises. Much better introduction and first post than what we’ve seen in the past.

What I would refer to as a Hackr deal is when one of our participating dealer partners calls and says, “Hey I gotta blow this unit out because we’ve got to make month end quotas to capture an extra $300 in factory incentives on the last 300 cars we sold this month”. Those are the rare occasions where the dealer will sell you that car at a loss and from the outside you can’t understand how in the world I got that price.
However, useually what we do is help people that are too busy to do the research or lack the understanding and tools to find and negotiate the best deals. Because we do a lot of volume we will tuypically get prices that are better than what the customer would have got on their own.

So the question you’ve got to ask yourself is do I want to wste my time research internet lowbal offers and haggling with dealers or do I want to use broker agent. Most people wouldn’t buy a home without a realtor, or make estate plans without a financial adviser, right? So why try to negotiate a car deal without professiona representation? Send me an email to joe@carlucent.com and I will send you what I researched for you on the S90 and the GX460. Thanks

You’re confusing ZERO out of pocket vs ZERO down. @Carlucent is accurate in his statement of 0 down (cap cost). You’re thinking 0 out of pocket (all fees are applied to the monthly payment). I’m actually curious if @Carlucent can do one-pay leases.

1 Like

Hello DNJA,

In order to get you the best deal I would first need to know which incentives you migth qualify for. Here are the ones currently available on a 2017 Volvo XC90 T5 & T6 Momentum: Please review and email me some specific details about your situation, i.e. Do you have a trade (if so, VIN# , Miles & Payoff)? Credit Score over 700? (Y/N) Income? W2 or 1099? reach me at joe@carlucent.com or call 239.351.6007

2017 Volvo XC90 Incentives:

$3,000 Bonus Cash
(#9352) Holiday Sales Event Allowance, 61985
Cash Purchase Subvented Retail Finance Subvented Lease

Hide Incentive Details
Effective Dates:
2017-11-01 - 2018-01-02
Group Affiliation:
No Specific Group Affiliation
Prev. Ownership:
No Previous Ownership Requirement
Vehicle Status:
New
Institution:
OEM
Tax Rule:
Not Applicable
Stackability:743, 744, 6876, 8935, 8936, 9103, 9104, 9605

$750 Bonus Cash
(#8935) A-Plan Elite - Customer Bonus Offer, 61839
Cash Purchase Subvented Retail Finance Non-subvented Finance Subvented Lease Non-subvented Lease
Effective Dates:
2017-03-03 - 2018-01-02
Group Affiliation:
Targeted
Prev. Ownership:
Vehicle Status:
New
Institution:
OEM
Tax Rule:
Unknown
Stackability:743, 744, 6876, 9103, 9104, 9352
Eligibility:Individuals or members of the same household listed on the PIN certificate. Customers who are active employees of the Volvo dealer or dealer group are eligible for A - Plan Elite. A - Plan Elite offer is available only to the employees same household spouse.

$1,500 Bonus Cash
(#8936) A Plan VIP - Customer Bonus Offer, 61840
Cash Purchase Subvented Retail Finance Non-subvented Finance Subvented Lease Non-subvented Lease

Hide Incentive Details
Effective Dates:
2017-03-03 - 2018-01-02
Group Affiliation:
Prev. Ownership:
Vehicle Status:
New
Institution:
OEM
Tax Rule:
Unknown
Stackability:743, 744, 6876, 9103, 9104, 9352
Eligibility:Individuals or members of the same household listed on the PIN certificate.

$750 Bonus Cash
(#9605) Truecar In-Market Targeted Conquest Offer, 62009

Hide Incentive Details
Effective Dates:
2017-12-01 - 2018-01-02
Group Affiliation:
Prev. Ownership:
Conquest
Vehicle Status:
New
Institution:
OEM
Tax Rule:
Unknown
Stackability:743, 744, 6876, 9352
Eligibility:Customers who identify themselves as eligible will need to provide a copy of the email containing the A-Plan Elite PIN number.

$1,000 Bonus Cash
(#9104) SR Loyalty Bonus - Purchase, 62011
Subvented Retail Finance Non-subvented Finance

Hide Incentive Details
Effective Dates:
2017-12-01 - 2018-01-02
Group Affiliation:
Prev. Ownership:
Loyalty
Vehicle Status:
New
Institution:
OEM
Tax Rule:
Unknown
Stackability:8935, 8936, 9352
Eligibility:Individuals or members of the same household who currently owns/leases any model year Volvo or Saab vehicle OR has owned/leased either within the last 6 months.

$500 Bonus Cash
(#9103) SR Loyalty Bonus - Lease, 62011
Subvented Lease Non-subvented Lease

Hide Incentive Details
Effective Dates:
2017-12-01 - 2018-01-02
Group Affiliation:
Prev. Ownership:
Lease Loyalty
Vehicle Status:
New
Institution:
OEM
Tax Rule:
Unknown
Stackability:743, 744, 8935, 8936, 9352
Eligibility:For current VCFS lease end retention customers, the loyalty allowance in only available with a Lease Payoff.
Qualification:Individuals or members of the same household who currently owns/leases any model year Volvo or Saab vehicle OR has owned/leased either within the last 6 months

Alright so I know this thread is a month old, but I have to say: this website confuses us here at GoSeeTed.com. We were under the impression that this community wanted honesty, transparency, killer deals, and just an altogether better car buying experience than they’ve had in years past. Then this guy comes in, provides absolutely no information, not even sticker prices, just classic bait and switch, everything on base models, calls his broker fee a “bank fee,” (misleading at best and illegal at worst) which is $450, plus $199 for delivery. So right off the bat you can see there’s $649 you pay for his service including delivery, (It’s $599 for our fee on cars like this under $40k btw and they all include delivery), but you have absolutely no idea how much they’re actually packing into the deal for themselves. Is it $300? Is it $800? Which is all fine and good, if you’re happy with the numbers, but we are upfront about every dime so that you don’t have those questions and can rest easy knowing you got the best deal. And they clearly make more money on their deals than we do, yet all the heat we got was essentially based on our “high fees.” So why does he get a round of applause from some of the same people that gave us so much static, when we were fully upfront and honest straight from Jump Street, hide nothing, AND charge less?

The same can be said about you too. Clients will never know if their brokers get kickbacks from dealers on top of fees. I agree with assessment of your treatment here, though.

Ursus you’ve been pretty much the only person here that’s been decent since we came aboard. I thank you for that.

But here’s the deal: When we talk to our customers, we tell each and every one of them that there is no broker fee, kickback, referral fee, anything like that stuffed into their deal. And for that reason, our discounts are deeper, because they don’t pay anyone, so thus the customer gets the entire benefit of the discount.

Put yourself in a dealer’s shoes. A broker calls you (a dealer) and negotiates a car $3,000 back of invoice and then says “Okay and I want you to put in $1,500 into the deal for me and I’ll tell the customer we’re getting the car for $1,500 back.” How much do you think that pisses the dealer off, to make no money on the car and then have to pay the broker $1,500? (And yes that’s the kind of money most brokers make, often far more on a single car). Versus when we call, and we say "hey listen, there’s no broker fee in this deal, so can you go $3,500 back? And perhaps they are not be able to, but perhaps they can do $3,200, or $3,000, but now the customer gets it all.

I hear you on you won’t “know,” but hire a broker and then have us check the deal to see how much that broker was making. When this company started 16 years ago, the entire reason it was different than anything out there was that simple fact: taking no money from the dealer.

IMHO, it doesn’t matter how much a broker packs into the deal. Could be anything. Only matters what the final price is when all fees are included. So if you, with your fee included are more expensive that this guy where is fee is baked it, does it really matter if you don’t know how much he is making?

And I don’t take anything from the dealer

1 Like

Of course if we, with our fee included are more expensive, then that point is irrelevant. But that’s an “if” that really never comes up, because our deals are that strong. This is pretty simple math here brother. You pay him (let’s say he packs in a mere $300 to the deals, and I’m sure there is more) a total of $649 to get the deal, and then he clears another $300 from the dealer. Total to get the deal he gave you: $949 (that’s on the light side). We negotiate the exact same deal if not better, then ours winds up being at least $349 cheaper because our fee would be $599. It’s pretty straightforward, really.

I, personally, don’t care if or how much broker makes on the deal on top of my fees, as long as I get what I want. Pretty much what @nyclife said - no difference for the client. You (and nyclife) can say that you don’t get anything and your clients may believe you (or not), but my point was that clients will never know. And I’m fine with that.

4 Likes

Exactly, what matters is the all-inclusive price. Nothing else.

If that’s how you feel about it then alright, but just know that whatever dollar amount a broker makes in the deal beyond our fee of $599, is at LEAST how much better the deal we can get you would have been. If you can’t see how that works for the benefit of the consumer and winds up getting you a better deal, then I don’t think you’re following me here. It makes a difference to the client because our deals destroy broker’s deals all day long, so had they only called us to see what we could do, they’d have gotten a better deal.

I’m talking about the same final deal with lowest fee for me, not who’s better or doesn’t get money from a dealer.

Agreed 100%, but the price could then always have been better had they not packed the deal. Still doesn’t answer why this guy gets a free pass and we got hit so hard, but all good–just wanted to see if I could get some clarification there.

You got hit hard because there were other brokers were offering the same service for less money. Granted, we don’t know how much this guy is taking, he posted all of his deals. Meaning, if you didn’t like the deal no harm no foul you didn’t have to take it.

Right the point is here it’s not less money, but appears to be less on the surface. If you don’t get paid by dealers then good for you, glad we’re not the only ones, but I’m sure you’re aware that it is INCREDIBLY rare, as evidenced by how often I’m sure you get asked, “And how much am I putting in this deal for you?”

I get asked that all the time when I first contact a dealer, but once you’ve built up a good network of dealers they don’t bother anymore.

We often step outside of that network (or are outside of our typical markets) to ensure we’ve got the best price, so it still is an often asked question for us, even after so many years. Alright enough hijacking this guy’s thread, I think the point’s been made and I hope that helps shed some light for people.

1 Like