22 months of elbow

Seems a little soon for this to have worn and cracked so much? Audi leather.

Not moisturizing those elbows enough? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

What are you wearing and doing to that arm rest? Never had that problem in any car. Are you rubbing your elbow into it or placing all of your weight into it when you egress/ingress?

You two are always blaming the victim. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I don’t know about ALWAYS victim blaming, but 90% of the complaints I’ve seen on the internet do not provide enough information to make any type of critical analysis or reasonable thought.

Really, I’m just asking what they, the user are doing to act upon the object. Objects don’t just rip themselves because they’re “low quality.”

If it’s normal use and wear, then maybe it really is low quality leather combined with environmental factors that causes the tearing.

To figure that out, gotta ask questions. I always take the scientific approach.

I was joking. I thought the cartoon monkey would make that clear. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In all seriousness, it looks like a warranty claim to me.

Its obvious how this happened.

I always wanted to be a milkshake

1 Like

It’s hard to get wear/tear claimed under warranty. But yeah it’s worth a shot.

If not, an Interior/leather repair guy could handle this easy for about $50. The local dealer should know someone who can do it. I had some leather seat rips on my TL repaired in a parking lot by a dude with goop, paint, a small torch and other crap. Couldn’t even tell the tear was ever there. It’s pretty magical.

1 Like

This thread is a friendly reminder of Rule 34.

1 Like

I’m not a biologist but it seems impossible for a human elbow to do that.

Wear and tear from an arm would run the length of that. Pressing the elbow down sharply would leave circular, quarter-sized imprints.

Good ol’ Lincoln Hawk. One of, if not THE, most cheesiest movies he has done, yet it sucks me in every time I see it on TV

1 Like

I was really proud of this reference.

The iconic turn of the hat. Cinematic brilliance :truck::tophat:

3 Likes

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Leather-Re-Color-Condition-Upholstery/dp/B07NF93H1P/ref=sr_1_13?crid=15416TEA5VW9H&keywords=leather+repair+kit&qid=1584022599&sprefix=leather+repair%2Caps%2C152&sr=8-13

After watching this I hought I was going to become an arm wrestling champ or at least a pinball wizard.

1 Like

That’s why I’m so surprised. It’s literally just the resting place of my elbow during my daily driving this past 23,000 miles. I am not a heavy guy and I’m not obsessive-compulsively rubbing my arm back and forth on it or anything.

Hadn’t thought of that. I do have the excess wear and tear policy so I’m not too concerned…more just annoying/strange.

Did anyone say that it is NOT real leather there? I’m guessing about Audi, but I think most manufacturers put leatherette on arm rests.

1 Like

Show us your elbow.

7 Likes