22 months of elbow

That is not real leather. Most Audi models only have leather seating surfaces and you can tell by the texture that it is leatherette.

Yep, I saw the texture too. So, Audi uses shitty leatherette then

So do people think itā€™s worth the time to go to the dealership and see about it falling under warranty?

Should fall under normal wear & tear, IMO

1 Like

I would try getting it repaired under warranty first. I have seen seats repaired before (usually within the first year), so it is possible it will be fixed under warranty.

2 Likes

:+1:

Iā€™d be surprised if they wouldnā€™t address under warranty.

INFINITI replaced my driverā€™s-side front seat cover because it wore prematurely (also within the first two years, IIRC).

For your next carā€¦

1 Like

That and the dash crack is special feature on those which consumers have to pay a hefty premium for ā€¦ an you got it fixed ???

ā€œLeatherā€

1 Like

I second this.

1 Like

Also, the title of this thread is win. I absolutely could not resist clicking it.

1 Like

I had a 2013 ML350 the mb-tex started peeling off the seat at 40k miles, claimed although it was a regular problem there was nothing they could do as I caused it lol.

Mine was a 4g 2011 so it didnā€™t have any of the dash issues. But even 3gā€™s donā€™t crack up here in the frozen north lol.

The tear in the seat was on the inside bolster stitching from me shifting. Pretty amazing how quickly he fixed it and how unnoticeable it was, best $50 Iā€™ve ever spent. He even had to buy new paint for my Umber leather haha.

The acid from your acid washed jeans of course

2 Likes

Surprisingly no wear and tear there.