šŸ¦„ '22 Mercedes EQS 24/12 497m, 1125 + MSDs DAS 105.5k MSRP

$10,000 that everyone qualifies for and then I am really confused on the navy fed/costco/etc incentivesā€¦

This is all over the forum at this point but people need to be spoon fed still here

Everyone qualifies for 7500

If you have fleet (pen fed / navy fed / etc) itā€™s 3500 and replaces the 2500 everyone gets

1500 conquest if you have an EV/PHEV in your name

3 Likes

Itā€™s pretty simple. 10k that everyone qualifies for. Then an additional 1k if you have access to Star Access/PenFed/Samā€™s Club and an additional 1.5k if you have an EV or PHEV from a competitor registered in your name. Max discounts are 12.5k.

1 Like

How come youā€™re confused? Do you have Costco or Penfed? They do not stack with each other. Penfed/Navy Fed is $3,500. I do not see anything specific to Costco.

Does anyone know the time the conquest is good for? I.e. does it have to be currently in your name or will my 4xe from 6 months ago qualify :joy:

They just asked for copy of registration of the car in persons name. If you have a picture of the registration, you are set. No other verification.

2 Likes

Samā€™s club works here, not costco

1 Like

Dealers have given me three different lines about conquest:

1. Valid, active registration in purchaserā€™s name
  2. Valid, active registration in household name (same garaging address)
  3. Does not apply to this car

Last one is dead wrong, and I think youā€™d need to get someone who misses the registration date in order for it to qualify on an expired one.

Extensive list here and PDF here.

Word of warning though, dealers seem to set their own rules. They might accept Navy Fed but not Sams club, seems YMMV.

Samā€™s club and Penfed = Truecar incentive (which is the same $3,500).

I was not aware of the Samā€™s Club incentive until someone mentioned it this week.

Why would you ever want a EV with a normal peddle?
Honestly, the lack of one-pedal driving was ALMOST a deal-breaker for me.

because one pedal driving is stupid and inefficient

There, I said it.

7 Likes

You are welcome to have your opinions. Just as long as everyone knows its wrongā€¦ :smiley:

6 Likes

One pedal driving sacrifices efficiency to help drivers that need their hands held because they arenā€™t capable of slowing down soon enough to not have the slam the brakes.

Itā€™s ok to admit you need a crutch. :wink:

2 Likes

Question Mark Idk GIF by US National Archives

And you are right, one of the best automotive engineers in the world have same opinion

2 Likes

If I ignore the cheap price, I donā€™t think I particularly love this car:

1. No one-pedal driving/weird braking system
  2. Most extreme regen setting is extremely weak
  3. Autonomous system default in the car is not as advanced as competition
  4. Rear seats are uncomfortable for most adults
  5. Visibility is poor. Dash is high and A/B pillars are massive

However, here are some pros I consider:

1. Very efficient EV. Over 3mi/kwh
  2. Great range, real world >300mi, almost 350mi.
  3. Sublime use of materials inside the cabin

But at $500-600 a month, heck ya Iā€™ll take it

2 Likes

I have no problem with me being lazy and the car doing things for me. Thats why I like my BlueCruise. I donā€™t even need to keep my hands on the steering while driving on the highway

Just got off the phone with a dealer in NY that had a loaner 2022 EQS 450+ and he said that these deals are impossible and that it is wrongā€¦he offered 750/month with 4,500 DASā€¦insanity.

Itā€™s annoying that there is no real exit plan here. I am used to having some lease equity but this just seems like I will just have to return to Mercedes after a 1-2 month extension.