2025 BMW M5 Wagon!

agree 100 %
not really sure what is the hype over the wagon. They are usually ugly
they love them in Europe because they are more practical when you need multi-purpose car and have limited parking space etc
companies rarely brought them to this market because they don’t sell well.

1 Like

I haven’t seen one at sticker

5 Likes

Right.

Another reason that the big talkers saying they would buy one were laughed at when it was said the RS6 would be $120k plus. They were (are) all driving Allroads, Outbacks, ancient A4’s, VTEC anythings and 2009-2015 3 series FBO strippers with JB4 hand tuners but were (are) all the while complaining about their $379, zero down @ 84 months payment - new at 8% and used at 16% with the last underwater s-box rolled in.

2 Likes

I see these quite often in Seattle suburbs, I’d say, lately, even more often than M5’s.

I have one friend who ordered a RS6 for sticker in 2021 and got it last year.

I have another friend who just paid $10k over sticker a few months ago

1 Like

How about a wagon in a $40-60k range? Wagons are not supposed to be high performance cars by default. They are family haulers in Europe.
@jeisensc?

1 Like

Seattle, SF, LA, Austin, etc. are the exception. That said, Audi/VAG hides the RS6 numbers in with all the A6 models (A6, S6, A6 Allroad, etc.) so you can’t know how many are sold in the US but I would bet it is 100 give or take.

There are none showing via Audiusa.com in the country as they are almost all ordered.

I see very few in and around SF/San Jose/SV so my guess is you are seeing the same few over and over again. They are unicorns even more than the E63 was.

@Samaudibh @DonnyAudi

Are you asking me to stick up for wagons? They’re already perfect.

2 Likes

For regular wagons. Don’t understand why people complain about lack of E63, M5 or RS6 wagons. They are rare.

I like a sleeper wagon as much as the next eurotrash, but six figures is insanity. Acura should bring back the tsx wagon with a TT V6 and track suspension, and a thicc phev that can hustle. They’d sell every one they build.

The ZDX meanwhile.

I’m already in line for an M5 estate. :point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2:

4 Likes

I’d even take a V60…maybe

An A6 Allroad with some loot is only $83,500

Only? 1010101010

Outback to $140k M5 estate? I am in to see it happen with dealsheet and pics posted.

Something tells me he could, but would he?

2 Likes

I will take a RS4 Avant. I can’t stand the sportbacks. RS6 would be nice but not at the prices dealers ask for them.

2 Likes

Nope and no.

There are more than 100 listed for sale on just Autotrader. Who knows how many on the roads?

Just to put into perspective, compared to F90 LCI M5. Listings on Autotrader:
2021-2023 RS6 - 121 listed for sale
2021-2023 M5 - 226 listed for sale

Last RS6 on US soil (C5) was initially going to be 800 units, Audi ended up bringing over 1200 units due to demand.

I see current RS6 from time to time. They have good road presence, catch your eye. Allocations are still fetching ADM’s on audiforums.

2 Likes

There are 128 on Autotrader but as you said that is for 2021, 2022 and 2023 so that is 42/43 per year since it was out in the current config. How many more nobody really knows.

C5 was a hundred years ago before sportbacks and SUVs took over the world.

Anyway, the M5 numbers are for sedans and have nothing to do with wagons.

In general, RS6 is a unicorn to be sure.

Looking through some forums. There was a fuel sender recall for 2021 RS6 Avant model year.

Recall document shows 1,501 US units for first year of production.

Safe to assume they have sold thousands in the US, within 3 years of production.

Like you said earlier, Audi doesn’t list unit sales for each RS model. So it is really hard to find total production. BMW does the same thing now, they also count all M-lite models as M sales.

1 Like