2025 BMW M5 Wagon!

It’s widely been reported the new 2024 BMW 5-Series will be out in the late summer of this year. Given this, I’ve been pondering crystal ball questions such as what opportunities will be present for the current 5-series, and specifically, the M5.

I’ve seen folks throwing around numbers in various threads that they are trying to negotiate 15 to 20% discounts with dealers (no, I haven’t seen anyone actually post a successful deal anywhere near that level of discount); while brokers are offering between 6 to 9% off depending on the model.

I’ve only seen very limited discounts on the M5. I’m wondering what impact the 2024 redesign will have on M5 pricing over the coming months. There’s usually a delay of a year or so, after redesign before the M5 comes out, so in this case, possibly a 2025? Or will the redesign not be significant enough to cause the delay?

Given the above, will pricing remain relatively firm for the 2023 M5 or can we expect some softening to 5 to 10% off MSRP in the coming months? I would love to hear some thoughts on this one!

paging @IAC

Allocations are still scarce enough that we’re not really discounting unless it’s a ground unit and we are getting close to allocation snapshot.

5 Likes

When do dealers typically do allocation snapshots? Sounds like that might be the holy grail of timing a purchase versus the old wisdom of simply month end.

1 Like

Generally close to end of month.

Looks like the answer to the release of the new M5 and possibly an M5 wagon is going to be released this summer. Here’s to hoping that generates some hefty discounts on the present model…

“A new generation of the BMW 5-series is on the way and wears the codename G60. But the most exciting news will come in July 2024, when the M division will launch the new M5. Dubbed G90, the top-of-the-line model will only be available in Label Red high-performance guise rated at 735 horsepower and 735 pound-feet of torque. You guessed it—the next M5 shares its plug-in-hybrid drivetrain with the polarizing XM SUV out this summer. While it will be offered as a sedan once again, we hear that the M5 Touring station wagon (G99), due to go into production in late 2024, is at long last considered for exportation to North America.”

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a42857521/bmw-m5-next-gen-wagon-2024/

5 Likes

m5 wagon :fire:

9 Likes

That means this is the last round of getting a pure ICE M5 ( :face_with_diagonal_mouth:) as the article mentions a 60 mile EV mode and 87 mph EV top speed.

3 Likes

the cars I’m most okay with going hybrid/EV are the fatty full size sedans and SUVs. Would love to see a send off with the V8 + electrification

1 Like

Don’t hold your breath on custom order deep discounts for M5 at current production volumes.

Someone please drop a pin to where I should stand in line.

shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

4 Likes

@livesandiego Have some incoming units at 6% off.

3 Likes

@jeisensc Now we just have to hope the M5 wagon doesn’t lease anywhere near as bad as the Audi RS6 wagon :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

If we don’t even get the 3 series wagon here there is almost no chance for the 5 series wagon sadly

1 Like

@cerulean42 I believe everything I read on the internet… even if it conflicts everything known to be true.

1 Like

THE NEW i5 – 100% ELECTRIC

https://www.bmwusa.com/all-electric.html#!#i5

1 Like

So it appears they came to their senses and didn’t use the i7 design language

4 Likes

America’s next top model: on Swapalease

Will Ferrell Cowbell GIF

4 Likes

For years the Audi fanbois (AZ, AW, etc.) said “When the RS6 comes here I am going to buy one…”

Big talkers haven’t been buying them.

If the M5 Estate/Avant comes here at all, it will be the same and all the big talkers will pass. Same reason the E63 wagon is now dead - big talk and few purchases.

2 Likes