2024 XC90 T8 Recharge Ultimate VOLVO CARE

Reposting, accidentally deleted other thread

I was in the position of only needing a car until August of next year, so Volvo Care seemed to be the most sensible option. Here’s what I ended up with:

2024 XC90 T8 Recharge Ultimate (white w/ amber leather)
MSRP $85,515 (essentially only missing B&W sound)
$0 Down
$1347.95/mo (inclusive of tax, fees, registration)

In case you’re not familiar, Volvo Care is essentially subscription based and includes:

-1250mi/month
-Full coverage insurance
-All maintenance
-Tire/wheel protection
-$1000 excess wear on turn in
-Ability to cancel after 5 months (the most important aspect for me)

Full coverage alone was going to run $300/mo in my area, so I put my ‘true’ short term lease cost at ~$1050/mo, all in. Some people turned up their nose at this program before, but current numbers aren’t as insane after they did a price refresh on Dec1. Certain XC90’s are now close to 10% cheaper than before, hence me signing this over the weekend.

Just wanted to give a heads up for anybody else potentially needing a short term lease!

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing, enjoy the new ride!

Not bad at all. It’s a great car, enjoy!

It’s great! I had a 5 hour drive from pickup and got a good feel for everything. I’m loving the air suspension and lounge package options. The nubuck headliner gives it a way more luxurious feel (the massage seats are great too). Still a bit salty I didn’t get the Bowers and Wilkins, thought it was so odd this one wasn’t optioned with that, but almost everything else. The amber leather is 100% Volvo’s best, it was totally worth the hunt to get one with that color way. Wife and I will be very content until next summer!

Is this treated similar to a rental? I’m wondering if there is any consideration in the overall cost based on your driving record (insurance cost). Another factor would be how this is treated from a registration perspective. My town requires us to register purchased and leased vehicles and pay a tax. Curious if this would bypass that.

EDIT: Answered a few of my own questions by diving into their FAQ. Insurance is only comprehensive coverage, so not sure what happens in the event a collision claim is needed or if they are using comprehensive in a different context to mean “all encompassing” coverage.

Also they have you register the vehicle with your local DMV, so it looks like it does fall to the owners name and would require local taxes be paid.

Insurance- it’s full coverage, in all 50 states this is required by law on a lease. The cost is flat, everybody gets the same price, so it’s a better deal for people with bad records.

Registration- for me in Florida there is zero extra. As the dealer/Volvo corporate registers it with the DMV and handles everything. I literally got this from an out of state dealer and they’re paying the entire out of state tag/title/registration etc. I confirmed countless times with Volvo Care support that 100% this is the all inclusive cost. It’s treated like a corporate fleet lease, not a normal personal lease. Per the FAQ ‘Taxes and registration fees vary by state and are not included in the subscription price shown online. Your monthly payment including taxes and fees will be summarized to you before processing your order.’. Therefore my final price $1347.95 includes all taxes and fees. On my contract it actually explicitly lists this, it’s around $3000.

EDIT: in that very FAQ it outlines everything for insurance:

• Bodily injury/Physical Damage Liability: $300,000 Combined Single Limit
  • Uninsured and underinsured motorist: Equal to Combined Single Limit Liability limits
  • Comprehensive/collision deductible: $500 deductible
  • Personal Injury Protection, No-Fault, Medical Payments: Varies by state
  • Hired and Non-Owned Auto Liability/Physical Damage Coverage: $300,000
  • Medical payments: $5,000 (if PIP is not available)
  • Rental or Transportation Expense Reimbursement: $45/day for up to 30 days
3 Likes

This seems like a great deal for someone with a garbage record or DUI. I have friends who have some major dings on their record and are paying +$500/mo in insurance alone making the ‘effective’ on this a lucrative option.

1 Like

Well, you have to input your driver’s license number/details prior to finalizing the application online, and it’s a liberty mutual URL. I’m pretty sure a DUI driver is going to get declined. They ask no questions about your driving history, just the details, so I’m sure there’s an internal check.

The program is actually called “Care By Volvo”

We did this back in September 2021 when we needed a 7 Passenger SUV for a year until our new 2023 BMW X7 LCI would arrive

It’s a great program for a short term lease. You can go in and exchange it for a new car every 5 months if you like. There are no Acquisition fees that typical leases have.

The actual lease contract is for 24 months and is a typical lease contract from VFS with a paragraph added that lets you turn it in after 5 months except in Illinois which is 12 Months. You would never have to pay for tires or brakes. All scheduled maintenance is free. We used the tire insurance twice for 2 free new tires. 22 inch so they were $550 each at dealer.

Ours was a Loaded 2022 XC90 T8 Recharge R Design with Bowers & Wilkins and Air Suspension. MSRP $83,675 and the payment including Arizona tax was $1,286.00. The Drive Off is just the first month’s payment. That’s it !!

At that time during Covid car shortages a similar XC90 would have leased for $1000 per month plus tax so it was a great deal. Now these $85,000 XC90’s can be had for under $750 plus tax so depends on your situation.

We kept it for one year and 14,500 miles, turned it in with a few dings and that was it.

1 Like

I agree with everything you’re saying but the tidbit about $750. Not a single broker on here can touch that price on an $85k model with truly $0 down. I know as I inquired with multiple.

I just checked one using their calculator posted with 10% off msrp and it was $746 plus tax with MSD’s and just the first payment due at signing like Care by Volvo and $810 plus tax without MSD’s with just 1st payment due on a $85,000 msrp T8, so yea, can be done today on a 24/12K

1 Like

which broker?, I might have a friend interested

EDIT- you talking ab NYC broker and only for NE, right? Yeah when you make it 15k miles to accurately compare to Care by Volvo it’s $811/mo pre tax with MSD, or $874/mo pre tax without MSD. Not nitpicking, just doing an accurate comparison. Not sure what broker fee is either but that’s good for another $20-$30/mo.

Realistically, best price I could get on a 24/15k lease for an $85k T8 was ~$900/mo after tax, with only first month DAS (and forking over cash for MSD). So I’m paying about a 10% premium for CBV over the best lease deal to be found in the country, and it has extra perks such as tire/wheel coverage, $1k excess and ability to break early. I think it’s not a bad deal at all, even just somebody wanting a normal 24mo lease. This is if you’re in an area with higher insurance rates like me though, as if you’re somewhere where it would be only $150/mo to insure this car, the savings would be negated a bit.

The care by volvo is for 15k miles/year?

I can’t remember which one, I just needed the calculator with the money factor and residual to compute. I’m positive here in SoCal you could get at least 12% off msrp on one of these now. The current XC90 is a dinosaur. It’s been around for 8 years now with minimal changes except the longer range

Correct , 1250mi/mo

If you think you can find a XC90 T8 leasing at 0.8 of sticker price, well under the 1 number most aspire for, please post it on here so people can purchase immediately. Despite the infotainment being a bit behind the times, most consider the XC90 to be aging gracefully and better looking than a lot of the more ‘forward’ design elements of other full size SUVs in this segment.

Again, zero beef with you and not nitpicking, but I’m going based off real data and reaching out to 4 different brokers.

I did the same. Already on my second cycle.

Benefits of this deal.

FULL tire replacement. you get a new car every 5 months. You get 1K in damage waiver, which for me is HUGE because I can use it every 5 months.

I do however hate my XC90, it drives bad and the pilot assist is BAD. Oh, and Android Automotive SUCKS, very buggy. Can you imagine a backup camera not coming up when putting your car in reverse? NEVER had this with any other vehicle.

Can you elaborate on the pilot assist part? Does it bounce in lane?

xc90 was one of the options I was looking for. Interested about driving confort and general satisfaction with the car if you can elaborate more…

Pilot assist is very barebone. Does not work like Tesla at all. Drive comfort is not the best. It doesn’t have a good pickup. Volvo is a lipstick on a pig car. Looks good and luxury,but drives bad. Hard to explain, it you gotta try it to understand. My main concern is the software bugginess. You can out the car in reverse and the camera doesn’t come up…These are real concerns. Customer service is great, you can call from the vehicle. Seats are also pretty good if you’re not to BIG. Vehicle has a luxury feel and rolls eyes.