2024 Toyota Land Cruiser

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2024-toyota-land-cruiser-first-look-review/

4 Likes

It looks like a Lego

The ugly kardashian

6 Likes

Seems more like what a new 4Runner would be rather than a Land Cruiser.

3 Likes

I personally don’t like exterior Lexus looks way better

Toyota finally hire a good Product manager.

The Cylinder Crusader will NOT like this announcement.

I like it. Way better looking than anything current Toyota SUV. They went for the FJ-type look, too.

5 Likes

My first reaction as well but the power is definitely there.

I love it. Between this and the GX, Toyota nailed it. The gold model looks like what LR should have done with the Defender.

1 Like

Looks great. Love the round headlights and the Toyota heritage badge.

Now that videos are coming out, we are getting a more “in the flesh” impression … IMO it doesn’t look anywhere as good as the glossy stock photos,

Don’t know if it’s just me but LC brand doesn’t fit a $50kish SUV. They should have done a proper reboot of the LC300 or heck just brought the overseas version to NA. This is FJ cruiser 2.0

It’s literally a Prado in the rest of the world.

1 Like

Yeah like a bronco sport is also a bronco.

Surprised they went so downmarket. It’s going to compete with the new 4Runner.

I do like the round headlights better than the top trim.

My neighbor is a huge LC fan and had a 2021. He’s very disappointed in the 4 cylinder and will probably get the GX instead.

I feel like they over did it on price. Starting in the mid $40’s seems appropriate. The interior appears to be more in line with a “slightly” nicer 4runner. I actually think they should have made this vehicle a 4runner and done a competitor to the Wrangler/Bronco as the Land Cruiser.

1 Like

this is a bonafide LC – just the barebones one – the full fat one is the Lexus LX – the world looks at the LC as a luxury status symbol – wealthy in third world countries swear by it – the problem in the USA the LC isn’t viewed as the pinnacle of luxury

For sure. It’s the LC Prado which is the only LC in many parts of the world. I just think in the US we have accepted the LC Prado is the 4runner. This to me seems like a missed opportunity to maintain the name expectation of the 4runner which tens of thousands of people purchase each year, while re-inventing the LC which only hundreds of people purchased each year in the states.

No, this is not a barebones version of the current Lexus LX which is a J300 platform vehicle.

What the US is getting for MY24 is the smaller brother, a J250 platform which is called the LC Prado in the rest of the world.

It’s like JLR importing Range Rover Sports and then deleting the “Sport” badge on the rear and pretending it’s a Range Rover period.

2 Likes