2024 Toyota Land Cruiser

2024 Santa Fe getting jelly. :slight_smile:

You have the OG Land Cruiser it’s called the Lexus LX - the Prado is still a LC - just the barebones one

The literal translation you’re looking for doesn’t sell - hence the slight differentiation.

It be hard working with you - I’d probably have to figuratively railroad you every meeting

Looks to me Toyota is giving the people what they want - a $55k watered down Land Cruiser that has 95% of the capability. I trust that Toyota has had these hybrid systems figured out. Putting down deposit for a 1958 to replace my 4runner.

1 Like

How deep is longo
They were at 4 before they stopped taking deposits

Not sure. Hopefully Toyota can crank out these 1958 fast enough.

I asked about a Tacoma TRD Pro a few months ago. My guy said they were 2 years deep at the time.

They told me they were at 100+ already I said no thanks
They took my CC a few weeks ago and said nvm we won’t take deposits yet but there was 4 people on the list lol!

The GX550 might be the better buy initially. The name “Land Cruiser” is surely going to be an ADM magnet.

1 Like

Things might change in a year

1 Like

Its mixed bag of unknown here. The legendary Land Cruiser, codenamed J300 exists as the LX600 here. There is some extra addons and of course omissions from that vehicle (triple locker anyone), but rest assured that if your looking for the LAND CRUISER, with its legendary 25 year useable work life, and best of Toyota/Lexus design and quality (outside of say the Toyota Century) that (LX600) will be it. This new model is J250, and is sold as either the Lexus GX (J252 program code) or Toyota Land Cruiser Prado (j250). Toyota decided to rebrand the LCPrado in market where the full fat J300 is no longer available. So select Euro markets and now NADM have the J250 rebranded as LC. J250/2 and J300 are not the same.

Toyota is knocking it out the park by embracing fads more then anyone, and really has adopted the GM SUV/CUV rebranding mantra. TGNA-F which all their BOFs on based on, spans Taco to Tundra and everything in between. In the past 4R and GX were priced closely, but a gap existed between top trim GX and bottom level LC/LX. With the new launches they’re covering that gap and then some.

Funny sidenotes:

1. If you use to lease/purchase GXes in the premium/base trim levels, you gonna have to switch to Toyota now. 55k is now LC money, 65-70k is base GX money
  2. Toyota teased two new shadowy models at the press conference. One was the Boxy baby FJ EV concept and the other looks like either the BZ5 or 4R/fortuner(asean markets) they showed back in Dec 21
  3. If you compare the GX/LX/LCP branded now as the NADM LC/LC300 they all share a similar wheelbase and size. Before the GX/LCP were skinny taller more nimble, while the LC/LX were sizeable width upgrades…I guess they are keeping the LX as the more luxurious variant stateside, and of course limo in more wealthy off-road countries.
  4. 4R looks to hold on that 40k-50k pricing from this launch.
  5. Rebranding was a great idea to bring the prado stateside, but LCs were known for their legendary title and reliability. With this vehicle, that 25 year life span is unknown. What were their internal program targets.
    6)Weekend Overlanders rejoice. It comes standard with a 2400KW inverter enough to cook bacon in your microwave and Latte that most folks will be bring outdoors.

I do think this will lead to alot of dedicated LC fans to be disappointed and the product itself has huge shoes to fill. However from a business perspective, this thing will print bank, as most owners are those who were priced out before. The chance to own an new LC and make it their own will be a huge thing.

3 Likes

Toyota BOFs are all magnets of ADM

1 Like

Wait times evaporate when all the flippers drop out. Yesterday watched a few minutes of a Acura Type S YouTube video where the guy was initially told he was 20 deep in the line, then they called him in 5 weeks!

Which is a better flip opportunity here 1958 or the Land Cruiser model?

I would argue that there would be a huge demand for the 1958 model because it is cheaper. But you could make the arguement that the Land Cruiser will be more popular because of all the bells and whistles.

Thoughts?

+1. I never really understood the need for the last version(s) of Land Cruisers + an equivalent Lexus. This upcoming LC + a Lexus version (GX) makes much more sense, w/ the LX standing alone in the US.

One article mentioned that Toyota simply said that the 4Runner isn’t going anywhere but wouldn’t say anything else. I wonder if the next gen 4Runner will be a little smaller and a little cheaper than the current gen.

The idea was kind of the same. The LC and LX were essentially different trim levels of the same vehicle. The LC appealed to those who wanted a more subtle presence, while the LX was the in your face baller. On the used market the LC commands a higher resale since less electronics in the way to mod.

The 4R was viewed by some insiders and I assume by dealer principals at this point is evolutionary. Nothing special and is indeed a lower entry point into the TMC BOF ecosystem. Its going to be interesting to see what hardware differences the 4R will have; my sources mentioned pay to play will be the name of the game. It will of course clash with the LC, but I assume just because the LCP is mid 50s, that will naturally keep some competition at bay.

This Land Cruiser look weird they should’ve brought the LC300 to America but then not many people want to spend $100K for a Toyota. When I was in Dubai, UAE there was so many families in Land Cruiser, Nissan Patrol and G Wagon you might see a few Escalades but other than that no American suv. For me Nissan should bring the patrol to America since the design is better. I remember seeing a few Patrol Nismo but it was around $105k also gas is cheap around $0.80.

80 cent gas and there would be no EV’s

1 Like

AED 2.95 = $0.80 for us it’s cheap but I could tell no one care about gas since everyone basically has an suv.

Grabbed #16 at a big-volume and MSRP dealership. What do you guys think, hot seller like Sequoia TRD especially for the first model year or not worth the $1.5k reservation I am going to have to park for a year or more?

:roll_eyes:
did you realize it was in litre , not in gallon?

Gasoline costs ~$3 per gallon in UAE (Source: I am in MEA region for past 2 months).

Besides Venezuela, Iran and Libya, I am not aware of any country where it is below $1. I guess I can google it

2 Likes

Certainly yes. IMO Sequoia and other Toyota BOF secondary market is heavily driven by international demand.

I was surprised to learn how many international dealers not only have access to manheim and copart but actively participate it. They are always eager to find US straw buyer, akin to drug mule. Although legal but frowned upon among dealer. Ask any broker here.

1 Like