2024 Tesla Model 3 Highland - Lease a good deal?

Serious answer - yes. Tesla only has 4 models not including the CT, and Elon micromanages Tesla. He’s not making the decision alone, but I believe he meets with his team regularly and adjusts prices accordingly to stay ahead of the market. That’s why Tesla is winning the price war.

Edit: Elon also obviously invites that sales rep that said that prices for the Highland is going up next month to his meetings.

I think OP and all of us know how EVs work. If there’s anything Tesla’s good at, it’s their Supercharger infrastructure.

Agree that we’ll probably see Highland inventory discounts in a few months. Also, I’d give them a couple months to work out the bugs in production.

4 Likes

Fremont factory did not cutover to producing Model 3 Highland until the first week of January. It’s possible that when these Fremont built vehicles are available, you could see at least partial POS credit for purchasing. I would not jump in, unless you want to be an early adopter, until it’s clear the M3 Highland won’t later become suddenly cheaper.

2 Likes

I haven’t done a full calc but, $512/mo + tax for a $39k msrp doesnt seem like a good deal, and might suggest the $7500 is not on the buyer side

It also seems that some of the planned technology upgrades are not yet available on the first models. I think waiting a few months to see how the new model plays out is the best play here.

It is impossible to make that determination without knowing what the lease price would be if the $7500 didnt exist.

1 Like

If he was the CEO of a normal car company, sure, but this is the guy who lost like $10b buying twitter because of people tweeting mean things about him.

3 Likes

A good idea.

The Tesla rep showed me a Japan built for M3 Highland video when he visited Japan last month.

So strange to see the right hand drive Tesla…

Tesla was offering same msrp m3s stating the 7500 lease incentive was included for $329/mo. Probably no highland tho

If you’re eligible for any state tax credit it’s a no brainer to just buy the thing if you must have one of these.

Heavily incentivizing outgoing models to move inventory will do that.

1 Like

The math aint mathin here-

I see same numbers as OP - but the lease estimator on the clowns car site says “Includes $7,500 EV lease incentive distributed across lease term.”.

The MF and residuals must be an actual joke then-

I customized the payment last week and today, it was $482 to $534 now, anyone know why? I thought the price and fees would remain the same.

Late to this but if you wanted to wait the M3 Performance will have the $7500 EV tax credit for financing as its produced in the US.

They do apply a $7500 EV tax credit on lease as the commercial EV tax credit allows them to do this through a loop hole the same as a lot of other dealerships as they own the car technically. This is part of why they don’t allow you to purchase at the end of the lease for now as its being put on their “commercial fleet”.

Specifically to the M3 Performance with the tax credit vs lease MF included they monthly cost is around $100 difference.

I am using numbers based off of adding FSD and wheels/seats adjusted cost here to get around the same cost the expected price of the M3P is going to be ($55-58K MSRP)

1 Like

They say they do. Yet to see any evidence of it

Yeah that’s hogwash tbh

Is it confirmed that the Highland performance will qualify for the credit? I know the outgoing M3P does.

https://www.tesla.com/support/incentives

New Vehicles

Customers who take delivery of a qualified new Tesla vehicle and meet all federal requirements are eligible for a tax credit up to $7,500, which can be deducted from the purchase price at time of delivery for eligible cash or loan purchases through Tesla. Customers are limited to two time-of-sale tax credits per year.

Tax Credit for Each Vehicle:

• Model 3 Performance: $7,500
  • Model X Dual Motor: $7,500
  • 2024 Model Y Rear-Wheel Drive: $7,500
  • Model Y Long Range: $7,500
  • Model Y Performance: $7,500

Dealerships are uninvolved in if the $7500 is passed through on a lease.

Wouldn’t that have to be out of date? As yet, there is no Model 3 (Highland) Performance. Aren’t they supposed to be releasing it later this year? Or are they just saying that, once available, it will qualify?

I can see their statement being interpreted either way.

I think that language is only there because the only M3P that currently exists is the old one. Jury is still out on whether the Highland one will qualify.

1 Like