2024 Tesla Model 3 Highland - Lease a good deal?

I’m looking at a lease for 2024 Tesla Model 3 Highland Standard Range, with all the basic packages, no upgrades. 272 mile range.

Sales Price: $38,990
Destination Fee: $1,390
Order Fee: $250

Total Price: $40,630

Lease setup:

15,000 miles per year
36 month lease
Payment = $512/mo + tax.
$0 down towards cap cost reduction
D.A.S = $2,600, which includes 1st months payment, doc etc.

How does this deal look?

Looks fine. I don’t think anyone will do any better, or worse for that matter. You get what you get, and you don’t get upset with Tesla. Will Elon cut prices and offer better incentives next month? No one knows.

2 Likes

All these Tesla deals are the same, right? No negotiation. It is what it is. If you must have aTesla that is what you have to pay. Or just buy a used one for about the same monthly cost.

1 Like

Yeah, discounts on inventory varies by region, but the for orders on the new design, every gets the same deal.

1 Like

Sounds like a lot compared to the other EV deals on LH.

1 Like

Does this include the $7500 lease cash pass thru from Tesla ?

No. There is no $7500 tax credit on the Highland Model 3.

1 Like

I just visited the Tesla showroom and confirmed no $7500 on the '24 Highland TM3.

Sales rep did say the price is certain to increase soon and to put in the $250 deposit.

Is this true even without the tax credit availability ???

you get it on a lease
MF is sky high

sales people know nothing of price increases

9 Likes

I believe tesla MF is like 0.0037 which is 9% APR

2 Likes

As far as i know is tesla keeps the $7,500 for themselves, no passthrough

Lol, after 12 months of tesla price cuts they’re gonna start raising prices? Pure sales tactic

Shoulda put your deposit in yesterday… would have only been $249

1 Like

Lol. That’s what I was thinking too. More likely, you’ll be able to pick up a new Highland model for $36k in inventory by March or April.

1 Like

It doesnt matter if they apply it as a cap cost reduction, a mf buy down, or a rv increase when you have no buyout option and no ability to negotiate. How they distribute the costs is totally irrelevant.

3 Likes

To buy it, it is also $38,990. And they give an mf of 9% apr. So no, they do not apply any of the $7500

But i agree its irrelevant when you can’t buy it out

They easily could be applying it as a rv mark up like other banks do.

1 Like

Very true! MF was high back in Oct when I was looking at the Model 3. The other issue with this and all other EVs is finding charging stations. When you are out and need to charge you have to give up at least 30 min or more to charge based on the changing station’s speed so keep that inconvenience in mind fod going fully EV. Otherwise I suggest good ol gas or hybrid. Good luck!

Just make sure you actually need that many miles. With EVs people usually don’t drive that much.

Serious question regarding this. Do you seriously think Elon is the one who decides at Tesla how much the car should sell for? when and how much to cut or increase prices? Don’t you think like other companies their would be a sales division that closely monitors the supply and demand and how to maximize their revenues? I would assume Elon would be pretty much irrelevant to deciding the prices.

2 Likes

Although, I agree. But I am hoping the prices will increase :grin: :wink:

What if it comes back in … say 6 months or so?

At this price, I would just get an Ioniq 5 and save $100+/month. Or try to lease an EQB or EQE.

2 Likes