2024 Porsche Panamera Spy Shots

More than fair, apologies. But I still feel the idea that an 80k luxury EV comes without an option for a sunroof a little ridculous.

fwiw, the GT is the air to order.

Conclusion: Panamera 4S < Taycan 4S < Panamera Turbo

The Taycan feels more like a high-end appliance than a peformance car. But relative to the Panamera Turbo, what the Taycan lacks in soul it compensates with aesthetic appeal.

This Taycan is a 2020 with an original MSRP of $135,060. Asking price is $126,420.

I could build a new one the way Iā€™d want it for $130-ish.

Plus in Ohio Iā€™d get trade-in sales tax credit on a new car, but not if I buy used (thatā€™s $4,500+ in favor of new), and the new one would presumably come with the tax credit (another $7,500 in favor of new).

So this used one makes zero sense to me.

1 Like

2022 4s production is basically done. itā€™s highly unlikely a dealer has an allocation for one at this point. if itā€™s a 2023, who knows if / when youā€™ll see that. Agree that paying for a used porsche is a bad idea.

1 Like

My timeline is open-ended (I bought out my lease in April), and the rough estimate for delivery on a new one was end of 2022ā€¦ so yeah, Iā€™d expect it would be a 2023 (with some amount of price increase).

The 2022 MSRP reference point was just to show how poor the value proposition is on a used one.

The best value in my quest so far is the 2018 Panamera Turbo with 30,000 miles for $113,000. I think that is a decent value.

Iā€™d never be able to justify the cost of a new Turbo, as my vehicle is primarily used to go back and forth to the airport and the grocery store. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They just dropped the price to $108,994.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in strong agreement with this sentiment.

I had a Taycan as a loaner the last time I had my Cayenne Turbo in for regular service. The Taycan is undeniably fast (like most all-electrics due to the instant power and torque), but just doesnā€™t feel exciting like a performance car, i.e. as you said, a high-end appliance type of feel.

They are cool and I would own one as a complement to a Cayenne Turbo or Panamera Turbo, but they fulfill different missions/purposes to me.

2 Likes
Should @trism get the Panamera heā€™s wanted for years?
  • Yes
  • Also Yes
  • What is he waiting for?
0 voters

Are the results binding? :rabbit:

3 Likes

The results are a consent decree from the plenipotentiary hackrs of auto leasing, buying, and oracles of COVID supply chain disruption.

[Raised Seal]

3 Likes

Panamera Turbo & Cayenne Turbo depreciations have been very ugly in the past so make sure what you getting into. (When this crazyness ends)

1 Like

Just get a 911 and call it a day

Weā€™ve been there done that :laughing:

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m supposed to want, but I cannot muster the enthusiasm to shop for one.

And pricing has gone crazy on recent used 911s even if you were so inclined.

Iā€™ve been considering moving on from the Cayenne Turbo to a C4S or 911 Turbo, and the market is silly. Even base 2020 or 2021 911s with so-so options are consistently priced over sticker due to the limited allocations of new stock.

Iā€™ve mostly paused my search for now because Iā€™m struggling to justify the pricing. If you peruse Rennlist, youā€™d see comments about pricing now being 10k or 20k higher than it was a year ago on used 991 generation cars (i.e. 80k-90k for 2013-2016 cars with 25-50k miles on them that would have generally been in the 60s or 70s not long ago; move up the 991.2 and youā€™re in the 110s and 120s for decent cars - but that is just for the regular and S models; itā€™s not touching the Turbos).

1 Like

Another price drop.

(Just because Iā€™ve moved on doesnā€™t mean Iā€™ve stopped checking. :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

I disagree on this one. As part of a purpose-built EVā€™s unique appeal, a very close second to the instant torque is the insanely low COG and so much of the weight being between the axles. That type of steering response and the feeling of being planted through turns is just something very few ICEVs today can match.

Thereā€™s really only a few specific use-cases to recommend an ICEV today (manuals, stratospheric redlines, the ā€˜lumpinessā€™ of a big cammy American V8, and, in a few very rare instances, sound).

1 Like

the problem might be that you have to really drive the Taycan hard to have it feel amazing which is also the problem with most other 150-200k performance cars.

1 Like

Yes, but along with the CG is the added weight. Lap times on the Taycan are still slower than the higher CG (and larger) Panamera. This would suggest that the lower CG isnā€™t entirely offsetting the added weight. On regular spirited driving (off-track), you wonā€™t even notice between the two - they have plenty of mechanical grip with their tires, 4WD and active suspension control.

Donā€™t forget range and ā€œrefuelingā€ infrastructure. The Panamera is a mule with that huge tank. I get 450 miles with poo-poo city mpg and nearly 650 miles on the highway, in my 4S. I look on the flip side and really only see 1 specific benefit for high performance EV sport cars - emissions. In the $130k+ range, finding a quick accelerating sport car isnā€™t hard. The acceleration difference is much less than what you get with Model 3s and their competition at lower price ranges.

yikes. hope they underpaid for that.

1 Like