2024 Porsche Panamera Spy Shots

Not Bad Kind Of GIF by MOODMAN

That’s my eternal dilemma.

I will not drive what I merely need.

1 Like

Perfect use case for this car, and I get it completely. :+1:

I’ll see how whelmed I am with a Taycan 4S if I can find one. :slight_smile:

Close to Dublin, OH 43017

Both are very well equipped, perf. battery and package wise.

https://www.magcars.com/certified/Porsche/2020-Porsche-Taycan-45110f230a0e09a86d9123573665a946.htm

1 Like

Missed that one somehow.

That dealer is right around the corner from Cornhenge, which we stopped to admire on the way home from lunch yesterday (yes, really… except perhaps the admire part.)

5 Likes

In ancient times
Hundreds of years
Before the dawn of history
There lived a strange race of people - the druids

No one knows who they were
Or what they were doing
But their legacy remains
Hewn into the living rock of …Cornhenge" Nigel Tufnel

1 Like

I could see some people just charging at home to avoid having to deal with EA stations, especially if their dealer didn’t set up their free charging service.

you mean those people with :lemon: taycans who can’t use EA??? :wink:

1 Like

Thanks again for finding this.

I wasn’t able to act on this before I left town, but I’m back for a few days and they still have one white Taycan 4S.

I have an appointment in the morning to drive it.

skimmed through the thread. for grocery getter, have you looked at a lucid air?

I saw one through a display window in Beverly Hills last month, if that counts. :stuck_out_tongue:

The next car is most likely going to be a purchase, and I’m not thrilled with the idea of having absolutely no clue how fast a Lucid Air is going to depreciate.

It’s a striking car, though, so I wouldn’t say never.

Also, I’ve never driven an EV. I’m hoping that driving the Taycan in the morning will give me a fresh perspective on the concept, which might make me more excited about the Lucid.

1 Like

I talked to some of the guys in a showroom, apparently if you reserve one (refundable deposit), they will let you do test drives. The Pure starts at $77,400 with 400 miles of range, which seems like good value compared to a Taycan. I’m sure you’ll have a better idea of what you want after trying the Taycan though :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Pure doesn’t even get a glass roof though, and won’t be avail until ‘Q4 22’. But it is still an option.

Kinda bothers me to pay almost 80k base for a car and it not to have at least a sunroof

Knowing @trism he’s either not going to care or it’s a deal-breaker :laughing:

Kind of like his opinion on pillows, ‘crotch colored leather’, or LED/Halogen headlights

Anytime. Love how even when living in AD I can help convince ppl to spend money on cars :laughing:

1 Like

:heavy_check_mark:

I keep my sunroof closed and covered 100% of the time. I’d rather not have one, tbh.

A buddy’s 2021 M4 Comp doesn’t have a sunroof and he paid 87k for it.

They want the COG as low as possible so the standard is a carbon or metal roof right. My heritage had a carbon roof too. But a Lucid Air is a luxury sedan, in which paying 80k would get you a G90, or a base A8, etc.

They are completely diff. segments in terms of expectations for a sunroof IMO.

Or power adjustable seats if we are talking Porsche

1 Like

I know they’re completely different. I’ve been buying sporty and luxury cars for decades.

The poster did not qualify their statement. Yes. Words mean things.

Also, I know the physics value of having a lighter and more rigid roof on a sporty car.

1 Like