2024 BMW X3. Need help on current deal

I currently have a white 2022 Alfa Romeo Stelvio TI Q4 w 16k miles . I owe $27k on the loan . Was offered only originally $24k from the dealer but after speaking he said max he could do was $25,500k .

I’m looking at trading it in this week for a 2024 white w red interior bmw X3 sdrive30 w Msport pkg . Price is $53,690 Msrp. This is the best offer they said they could do to keep my payments under $600 .

With $11,000 down total out the door

They take my trade with -$1500 negative equity .

It would be $589 month incl tax for 36 month lease with 10k mileage .

Is this a fair price ? ideas on a fair counter offer if not .

Thank you
Marc

Hi Marc! I’m happy to help, as I mentioned on my thread. Because there is a lot going on here, I’d like to discuss it with you via email, so please just fill out the form at autocompanion.com/inquire, as I mentioned, to get started.

1 Like

Why are you tied to the 600 a month number? Your effective is more like 950 or possibly 900ish including the negative equity. Quite a lot of dough for a pretty lightly specced x3

1 Like

If you’re putting $11k in cash down on the lease that’s the same as spending an extra $305 a month on the car payment so while you say ‘I cannot spend over $600’ a month…you’re realistically spending $905 a month with that money down.

2 Likes

My advice if the dealer came to the table with this deal would be to laugh, tell them no thanks, leave dealership, and find a different dealer. If this is their starting point you aren’t going to ‘hack’ a deal let alone get a standard deal.

This is BMW USA’s lease ‘deal’ with less than half of your amount down. You can beat this deal. I’d recommend using a broker. Maybe @IAC @IAC_Scott could help?

3 Likes

$11k down ? That’s just horrible please don’t do that.

That’s personal. Reach out to a broker would be the best thing you can do until you become more comfortable with leasing.

1 Like

Why are you trying to get out of the current lease ? When is it up is the real question.

On the case already.

3 Likes

Lol next time lead with the “my wife wants this”. So people know you’re in the middle trying to solve for an important problem within the constraints of your budget. Not necessarily trying to get the cheapest possible car.

Being said, I still expect the bot, @Max_g to come into this thread and try to push you into a CPO X3 since the AI programming hates BMW X3 leases so much.

3 Likes

As always, spend some time and learn how to use the Leasehacker calculator to come up with your own target payment.

2 Likes

Has she seen and driven the X3? If not, then you will soon be in this same boat with this “surprise”.

5 Likes

You have to check the Marketplace to know what discounts are being offered from sticker.

Then you need to see whether the lease or a buy is a better decision.

I think the first step of getting out of a hole is to put down the shovel.

Maybe you start car shopping with her for her b-day… then use the tips on this site to try to get into the best deal possible. If your wife is terrible at managing to a budget (like maybe she’ll just pick the first Range Rover she sees and you’ll be screwed)

In that case, maybe you can present a list of options within budget and explore those. But I agree with @Mjfloyd1 … if you just surprise her with a gift, you’ll just be deeper in this hole if she doesn’t actually like the car.

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: 2024 BMW X3 deal check

Have talked. Emails get rejected by server. Reaching out to brokers. Looking for 2024 BMW X3 x drive. M sport pkg with 20” wheels. If you can help, please reach out. Thanks

1 Like

You’ve tried reaching us at scott@insightautoconsulting.com and info@insightautoconsulting.com?

Why do you people buy stuff on credit and don’t sell your car privately and then use cash to buy whatever you want? Why do you make dealers, financial insitutions and every intermediary happy? Why not sell your car to me for $28K? I am looking for a Stelvio but everyone selling is a dealer with 100 hidden fees and have no clue on the service history.

I am sure if you know that, but we are the only country that operates like that! In UK, Germany, etc. people pay cash for cars and then sell and buy another one. Are you addicted to credit? Get some help.

IMG_6210

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.