2024 Audi RS E-tron GT - 12/7.5k - Effective $1008/month - Midwest Iowa

Haven’t signed the deal yet but I’ve put a deposit down on the car and submitted the credit app. The dealership agreed to give me the 12% pre-incentives discount I was targeting on a $166k Msrp car. The deal doesn’t look too good as compared to other deals posted because the $32.5k incentive is taxed which hurt the deal (unfortunately don’t live in NJ or Texas). However, one thing the dealer said is that they will give me 10% discount on paperwork and the down which is roughly $3k+ will be waived so that’s the remaining 2% discount to make a total of 12%. They said they’ll do it like that to get their dealer incentive from Audi.

Msrp: $166k
Dealer discount (10%): $16.6k
Lease credit: $32.5k
Drive off: Tax, tags and first month payment of $3400 (Dealer is covering this to compensate for remaining 2% discount)
Selling Price: $116,900
Money Factor: Unknown (I got my desired discount so didn’t want to argue about it too much however buy rate is 0.00302 I believe)
Monthly: $1008 (12 payments)
Audi care included for 1% Residual bump
Total lease cost for 12 months: $12.1k

Any suggestions before I sign on the dotted line?
Audi care for residual bump of 1% worth it?
MSDs or One Pay worth it? If car crashes I lose all the money on the one pay? Never done one pay before, always do MSDs though

5 Likes

Wow. That’s amazing for an RS. Congrats.

Does he have enough stock to go around?

3 Likes

Put the above numbers into a calculator and see what the MF is. If they are marking up the MF considerably, then it sort of washes your discount.

In your case, yes.

One Pay seems to save about $75/mo, so yes?

That’s amazing, I’d totally do one with one pay at that price!

that’s looks impressive if you’re really registering it in Iowa - Iowa taxes it not too bad but rolls in the entire 5% tax into your monthly payment

will bite you at renewal since it’s 1% of MSRP

if it is using $3400 as upfront this might be slightly inflated mf

calc link with audi care ($1,249 plus 1% rv bump) but without 3400 cash : CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Unfortunately, this is the only unit they have

Thank you for the data point and the guidance.

The 1% at renewal won’t matter since the lease will expire in 12 months, no?

nope it doesn’t

I don’t remember well but Iowa has a list where cars have a “listed price” and they tax (technically iowa says no tax but 5% reg fee) from that list price - they don’t tax on the “financed” or “agreed upon value” for lease they tax the entire monthly payment upfront

renewal is at the list price

I asked the dealer to add Audi care for 1% residual bump.

I asked him to show me the numbers for one-pay so will decide if it’s worth it. In case of car getting totaled I loose all that money though

Has anyone here done one pay all on a Credit Card? I’ve done MSDs in the past on my Amex to get points

$5k is the limit with most dealers

Money factor matters a lot. You’d be surprised how much of your desired discount withers to with a MF markup.

Refund gets prorated. You may lose some but not all

@ahash @syedhasan The final numbers with taxes are: $1008/month and first month payment DAS. The numbers came out less after calculating the exact taxes. So total cost of lease without one pay is $12,096 which is extremely good. With One pay I’ll save another $600 but I won’t be going for it

3 Likes

I agree, if it were a 36 month lease I’d be more concerned about it. I got a very competitive price paying $12k to drive a $166k MSRP car. The money factor might be a little marked up but don’t think it’s worth it passing on the deal and arguing for a couple of hundred extra bucks

I appreciate the guidance. Adding the Audi care actually reduced my payment a bit

1 Like

You don’t really lose anything with a prorated refund. You’ve paid for what you’ve used.

You get fees and taxes prorated also?

With other lessors you did in the past. I know recent audi contracts have been posted by @trism for example

I used a credit card for my wife’s pathfinder one pay. Dealer charged 3% for the amount over 5k.

I’ve put 9k on credit card with other dealers with no fee. I don’t even mention it until they ask for payment in the finance office.

1 Like