2024 Acura ZDX Unveiled

Official debut:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2024-acura-zdx-first-look-review/

I can’t tell if it has the Acura trackpad?

This looks… fine? Nothing particularly interesting or offensive.

1 Like

That was my take, too. Not really sure why this needs to exist w/ the Prologue, but…

Strong whiff of Infiniti QX50

Not sure what’s going on with Acura. They’re not offering hybrid powertrains on any of their models, and they’re rebadging a GM and selling it as an Acura EV. Maybe no one will want one, and Acura will give big incentives for a cheap lease.

how am I supposed to take anything that follows this seriously?

that color progression - dark to light / top to bottom - with all those chrome accents is :nauseated_face::face_vomiting: it looks like a Mazda with a migraine.

1 Like

Honda forgot to pay up these past couple of months. Usually Honda-trend is super duper enthusiastic of any Honda product.

So this is just a Acura Lyriq I assume. Regardless probably the best thing from a JP EV. Beyond Zero siblings are terrible, Mazda CX something terrible and discontinued.

Acura brought back the integra (an iconic name) and people were mad saying “that’s not an integra!”
They’re like “OK then let’s also bring back our crappiest name and if we make it better than that pos people will be happy?” Maybe that’s the philosophy.
Nonsense aside, I think it’s a pretty “middle of the road” option among similar competitors.

First Acura brought back the Integra, and now the ZDX. Is the Vigor next?

1 Like

Or a Seltos:

https://www.hyundaiofhampton.com/inventory/used-2021-kia-seltos-sx-awd-sport-utility-kndetca2xm7216188/

Switch the lower windowline chrome accent to the top, and you’re done!

I think it also may look like a Europe-only SUV, but I can’t think of which one.

I wouldn’t mind. TLX can be the “Vigor” and then maybe the “Legend” can be Acura’s version of the Cadillac Celestiq! Just like when the Legend and the Sterling shared a platform!

I guess I’m in the minority that I actual like it. Android automotive, b&o sound, 300 mile range and supercruise for 60k ish car is pretty attractive.

300 mile is probably the $70k model with dual motors; the $60k model is bound to be the single motor 250 mile range one

From C&D,

That same model is expected to have an EPA-estimated range of 325 miles per charge (315 with all-wheel drive). The Type S is expected to have a 288-mile range.

1 Like

I think the Lyriq offers much of the same, and, to my eye, looks better (I’ve also seen a Lyriq in real life and think it looks better in-person than it does in pics).

I’m sure the ZDX will be… pleasant enough.

1 Like

I like the Lyriq better too but the Lyriq with premium audio and super cruise starts at 67k for the RWD for 2024. The ZDX’s pricing is more in line with the Lyriq’s pricing at launch (60k for one trim level with everything included).

1 Like

Basically whatever GM does, by platform sharing, Honda/Acura has to as well.

I’ve long been an Acura fan and actually liked the original ZDX, but this is a bit uninspired. Hard to go crazy though when it’s a rebadged vehicle.

I imagine these will lease attractive enough once the initial rush dies down.

Thankfully they came to their senses and decided to go with the honda touchscreen rather then remote touch copy.

1 Like

Or Acura wasn’t given enough $ to change the interior much from what will be in the Honda Prologue (I’m guessing).

2 Likes