2023 Toyota Sequoia

Waiting for next gen 4runner. Sequoia can be hackable if you go for the trd pro.

I find the maxed out price too good to be true, but maybe Toyota will surprise us.

The 2023 Toyota Sequoia will be built alongside the Tundra at Toyota’s factory in San Antonio, Texas. Pricing is expected to start close to $50,000 and reach around $70,000 for the fully loaded Capstone model.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38857490/2023-toyota-sequoia-revealed-hybrid/

Zero chance fully loaded Capstone will be around $70k. A High Country Tahoe starts at $72k.

Will be a huge surprise if it topped out at low 70 range.

I’ve never seen a 22 Sequioa less then 55k and that’s for an sr5. So a 5k bump I would expect. I don’t think pricing has been released yet anyway. Also assuming 4WD bc I don’t see 2wd in my region on these. Regardless a decently equipped one will be closer to 70 I would think. That’s a competitive price for large suvs these days.

Yeah…I was talking about current gen RWD pricing…

1 Like

Looks really good…

2 Likes

Looks good now. Will probably look really long in the tooth in 2035 when they’re still selling it unchanged.

1 Like

It’s the japanese way. Invest in something and make it last significantly longer than it’s competition. Then make marketing materials saying how “reliable” your product is, even if it’s out dated and out moded.

1 Like

Seems to more be the Toyota and Nissan way. Honda at least changes their vehicles up occasionally.

2 completely different reasons IMO

Toyota does it with reliability & focusing on keep improving the trouble areas

Nissan. Does it cuz they’re just cheap & don’t care for reliability.

They do it to stay cheap. Toyota learned the money spending problem from the economic bubble that popped in the late 80’s. They hurt bad and have a long memory.

1 Like

My bad I thought they were the same.
Sequoia is a 3.5 liter V6 hybrid 437hp and 583 torque.

Nissan seems to be turning around under new management.

New Pathfinder, Sentra, Rogue, Altima, etc all seem to be much more competitive than they have been for almost 20 years

1 Like

They actually found a way to make black wheels look even more ridiculous.

Yes they do it cuz it’s cheaper but they do improve on the problem areas.

Their reliability record is not just a mirage…

True & hopefully it’s a good sign cuz their cars were fun

Toyota produces vehicles that work, and work for a long time, period. The trucks in particular, especially compared to some of the domestic sh*tboxes, have an unparalleled reliability. I’m no fanboy to any particular brand, but there is no argument here.

OTOH, I will agree that the Japanese manufacturers do love to milk the products out to a point of being long overdue for a major redesign. Toyota being one of the biggest culprits.

I really like this redesign, and find it much more attractive than the new Tundra. This will certainly be a contender for me, assuming the deals are semi-reasonable. :laughing:

They won’t be anywhere near the deals for the new tundra. They never are. I’m sure prices will be sky high and they will have low production on the new ones. It’s a shame, there’s demand for Sequioa leases until I run pricing. Then people run to the Tahoe

This essentially is the new Sequoia/ Land Cruiser since we are only getting the Cruiser Lexus version. I believe Sequoia was never a popular vehicle and sales were always low. If Toyota prices these under 70k for capstone/ trd pro they will sell tons.

I might get one but prefer to get another 4runner trd pro. Love my trd pro, just wondering what the new gen will bring. They better keep the sliding rear window.