2023 Toyota Mirai (purchase) MSRP $52,629-OTD tax incl. $28,415 $359.92/mo after $2500 down

The technology is great. The Mirai is a great vehicle. But the volatility and unreliability of the fuel network really dampens the desirability of these cars. Especially as the price of fuel continues to sky rocket.

2 Likes

Anyone else get baby lfa vibes?
Drive it to the wheels fall of than 2jz swap it :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Ya all the hydrogen is made from natural gas so it impacts the price. Made from natural gas and shipped to the station with a diesel truck so keep that in mind before you get the I’m a superior human saving the planet complex.

5 Likes

It does have Automatic folding mirrors…

True Zero has an App that shows all the stations and status of them-so it’s easy to plan for fuel these days

I will be the first to admit that I only got EV/FCEV because of savings to me, not the environment etc. I can’t save anything as an individual :joy:

I will also like to remind everyone that we have a privilege to live in one of the best countries in the world… if you haven’t lived anywhere else, you definitely don’t know how lucky we are here.

I remember in the “old country” as a kid 7-8 years old, being excited to visit relatives in the countryside, waking up at 4am to catch a train and then walk to the village for about 5-6 miles, hills, mud, crossing a river and very often doing this in the wintertime as well… so none of the nonsense about my time being precious, stressful, hassle etc will deter me from accomplishing my goals :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I did say, it works for me and I stand by it haha

9 Likes

You’re the perfect candidate to Guinea pig it for us :smiley:

3 Likes

Gladly, hold my beer :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve lived in Singapore, Seoul, and Tokyo. I couldn’t disagree more. America is basically a third-world country. Enjoy your AR-15, though!

8 Likes

5 Likes

With pleasure!
sylvester stallone rambo GIF by Hollywood Suite

3 Likes

You realize these three countries are only nice because of the American led world order/protection of their trade routes.

7 Likes

Congrats on the new ride and thanks for a detailed write-up.

3 Likes

Why is that?

1 Like

Those are some pretty darn large gaps outside of CA.
Don’t they give buyer/lessee a couple weeks of rental car days comped?

5 Likes

21 21 21 21

1 Like

Thought so. So at least they thought of that. :grinning:

Not for me but TCO seems reasonable enough. :pinched_fingers:

2 Likes

also if you click on the station it tells you how much hydrogen it has left pretty cool so you know dont even attempt to show up

if they open the 2 near us soon im in otherwise driving 30 min to fill it up LOL
basically from santa barbara to misson viejo you are safe owning one of these

3 Likes

They are nice because they have fewer personal liberties, believe in collective sacrifice for the common good, and also offer few defendant’s rights to the accused—therefore setting the costs of bad acts at a much higher price. That’s also why they have vastly different quality of life indices and life expectancy trajectories.

America is awesome though, if you can afford to avoid places like the south: Life Expectancy at Birth by State

3 Likes

Let’s stay on topic.

8 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

The USA freedom of speech index just tanked after Max segregated my posts to landfill.

Also on topic: the Mirai is one of the most stylish sedans IMO. Great pick up

10 Likes