2023 Toyota Mirai (purchase) MSRP $52,629-OTD tax incl. $28,415 $359.92/mo after $2500 down

I tried posting in SIGNED but gave me “internal server error” every time !!!

MSRP: $52,626
Dealer Discount: $6292
Toyota Rebate: $22,000
$28,415 after rebates and discounts
Down Payment $2500 (CC-Amex dbl points offer used)
Tax: 7.25%
Monthly: $359.92
0% APR TFS tier 1 credit
Fuel Card paid by Toyota: $15,000 or 6 years on purchase, whichever comes first
Post Rebate: CVRP $7500 (Max rebate for “low income” applies-otherwise it is $4500)

Another option for more discounts if one qualifies is CVAP: $7500 grant applied at purchase/lease signing but has lots of rules/price limits etc and only certified dealers with CVAP can participate, also time frame to purchase is only 60 days of approval

This car is great especially for the rebates and incentives received. Fuel is expensive Hydrogen $26/kg (was $14-$16 last year or two) and it takes 5.5kg to fill. Range is quoted as 402 miles but I think realistically 350 miles would be closer to reality-will test and report. If they didn’t give the fuel card I wouldn’t have bought it.
I have about 220 miles on it so far and my calculations so far are 320 miles (tank wasn’t full when I picked up, refuelled once at half a tank and I don’t rely on the car’s estimate-refueling will give more accurate numbers)

Driving is good-Lexus quality and very quiet cabin, acceleration is not bad but don’t expect Tesla like acc. Navigation is also pretty good, gives you a Pop-Up Warning every time you enter a School Zone to be prepared to slow down. Setting up home address for navigation has to be done in the phone APP and not the car-weird, Car does have some humming sounds when you turn it off coming from under the chassis-but nothing obnoxious and it is normal for tanks to decompress. Trunk space is small-but good enough for groceries haul or even a few carry-on bags, I did fit a Large Storage Container from COSTCO with plenty of extra space available. Rear seats do not fold down FYI due to the Hydrogen tanks placements. This didn’t bother me as I researched the car a lot since the new gen came out and also looked at previous gen. too.

Overall it is a great car, and with FREE fuel it was a no-brainer for me at least, you can’t drive it out of state but Toyota gives 3 years of 7 days per year car rental for these trips. Given the discounts and incentives it is a great second car or even an only car if you don’t drive too much.
Thanx @Cody_Carter and Hannah for the great Experience and deal :+1:

26 Likes

You got me? @Cody_Carter

5 Likes

Quick math it’s gotta be lower than this
$120 full tank / 300 miles = .40 a mile =
Revoke your TH :joy:

3 Likes

damn i flipped the mi/$ :smile:

2 Likes

Haha,
Actually it will take closer to 45000 miles if conservative 300 miles per tank… lets say average $100 per 300 miles for better calculations. It will take 150 fill ups to deplete $15K

2 Likes

He should get more than 37k miles with that 15k card rough estimate it has to be more at current pricing

4 Likes

maybe i was just acting dumb to make you want to jump at this :thinking:

2 Likes

BTW the lease didn’t make any sense as it cost more, here’s a calculator with both:

1 Like

i’ve just heard horror stories of hydrogen pumps going down at places. for a luxury interior this is a crazy good deal, but to me this car feels like its only worth a lease. dead technology, i would not want to own this car after the “free” fuel is gone, basically unsellable. dealers were selling the old model for $20k with $15k in free hydrogen.

4 Likes

Yes, I’ve heard those stories too-and wasn’t afraid to take a calculated risk lol
As for resale values-true, they do depreciate quite a bit… but even if I sell it for $10,000 after 3 years it is a cheap TCO after all, heck even if I keep it for 6 years even cheaper (I don’t drive that much anyway, so mileage will last the full $15K fuel card)

2 Likes

Congrats! I’m going to be really interested in hearing about your experience over the course of ownership. I wouldn’t personally touch the Mirai or Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles but I’m very eager to hear how your experience goes.

4 Likes

We have 2 stations up and running within 30 miles left and right of the freeways, with 2 more planned within 5 and 10 miles for early 23 (how early tho, we already halfway in 23)
I wanna jump in on this too :laughing:

2 Likes

I will definitely report throughout…when I bought my 2020 Tesla with all my incentives etc everyone on LH was saying NO to that deal…that I should’ve leased the Bolt instead-turned out that purchase was justified well when “covid” happened and I sold for more than purchased, hence my TCO estimate was pretty good on that deal even if no covid was to happen. I guess you just gotta believe and push forward haha :laughing: Like I mentioned, I take calculated risks and thus far all is good, heck my 2022 Model Y is a loser so far-(I bought July 2022)but I manage in my mind that by not having to pay for fuel, my charging is FREE and on average costs less than a comparable gas car/suv so it evens out…will see what the future holds :+1:

3 Likes

Silly question, but does it have power folding mirrors?

1 Like

My biggest concern when I considered the Mirai a few years ago (during the time they were effectively free) was fuel availability. I just read so many horror stories about people having to drive all around town for hours looking for stations that either didn’t have any hydrogen available, or very limited amounts. The overwhelming sentiment seemed that Mirai owners ended up frustratingly conceding to a full time job that was perpetually trying to fill up while burning through what little they had in the tank in an endless cycle.

Hopefully that’s no longer the case :laughing:

6 Likes

You should DO IT!

1 Like

You need to consider what your time is worth when considering one of these. It could be free and I wouldn’t get a hydrogen car again.

5 Likes

30 miles away is too far. 5-10 miles is ok IMO

5 Likes

Too much hassle

3 Likes

The stress/worrying about being able to refuel makes this deal a nonstarter for me. There is a reason hydrogen cars are often referred to as fool cells.

4 Likes