2023 Subaru Forester Premium

I’d like to lease a new car for my wife and the Forester meets all of our requirements. I’m not sure if I am getting a good deal or not.

2023 Subaru Forester Premium
Term: 36mo/12k miles
MSRP: $30,920
Gov Fee: $193
Doc Fee: $150
Sales Tax: 8.25%
MF: ?? (I have excellent credit)
Residual: 65%
Down Pmt: $3,000
Incentive: $500
Payment: $410/mo

I used a couple of lease calculators based on the given information (used 0.0025 for MF) and keep getting $360-$370/mo. I’m not sure where they are getting $410/mo from. What am I missing? Also, is $360 a good deal (if I am able to bring them down)? Thank you!

Post one of your calculators

Why did you use this number?

You cant just arbitrarily pick a mf.

With subaru, you should always do whats needed to get vip pricing. There is a thread detailing how on here.

A Subaru Forester is one of those cars that almost always makes sense to finance.

1 Like

I chose 0.0025 based on it being 6%. I am not well versed on MF rates. I thought 6% was already on the higher end which is why I went with this number. I understand the VIP pricing and its benefits, but I cannot wait the 6 month period at the moment.

True, my plan is to keep the car until the end of its lease and sell it, resulting in lowering my overall cost. My wife and I don’t drive that much so I am banking on the car being worth more than the $20,150 at the end of the lease. Subaru tends to do well with respect to keeping its value.

I believe theres a larger donation amount to the aspca that gets you there immediately

2 Likes

Mf is set by the bank and will vary by brand/model/etc. It can be significantly higher than .0025. Youve got to use the actual value to your calculator be useful.

1 Like

I will update the calculator once I submit my application and keep you updated on the results!

Dont do that.

You should know what the numbers should be before talking numbers with a dealer and definitely before signing a contract.

How can one effectively negotiate without knowing where you should be?

2 Likes

$500

Start at first post, the last 1000 are WRX related

1 Like

I agree, I should understand the basics before negotiating, however, I do not know how to find the MF. I have tried searching online to no avail. I asked the dealer and they said they cannot tell me until they run my application.

You can get easy access to most every vehicle via the supporter calculator here by becoming a super supporter or you can post on the edmunds model specific forum and gets numbers one at a time.

2 Likes

Total BS. Go here if you will not pay for the Calc via being a SS.

1 Like

Thank you two so much for the help. It looks like the NF is 0.00255. I was pretty close! With that being said, why are they asking $410/mo when it should be around $360/mo?

How much are they asking due at sale?

They are asking for $3,000 down payment+first month payment+sales tax+registration. It comes out to around $3,900

Either your calculator is off, or they marked the MF up.

Your calculator has $4300 due at sale, so thats part of it. The monthly is pretty close if you set the due at sale to $3k

Otherwise, they may be marking up the mf above buy rate.

1 Like