2023 RX350h Premium+

Local dealership wants $2000 deposit for a RX350h that arrives in about 3 weeks. MSRP of $61,235 and their price is firm with a $1,000 mark up. Is this a good deal?

Thanks!

Dont pay markup on these. I bought one for my dad and one for a friend without markup. As for deposit, usually it is $1000 but 2k is no big deal. Solve the markup issue first

5 Likes

In FL, we can buy Lexus hybrid without any markup with most dealers. In fact, you should try to get it below the MSRP.

1 Like

I got my Aunt an RX350 24 months ago from @Autocompanion. We live in Palm Beach County, FL and JM Lexus has everything screwed up down here. I would have preferred to get the car locally, but pricing was ridiculous, and color combo she wanted (white/beige) is in demand down here. By dealing with the broker in the DC area, I got her an AWD model, with more options, shipped to me, for less than I could get a FWD for in FL.

At the same time, I got my mother a loaded Palisade AWD from the DC area with ALL the items she wanted on it. Bought that one (no lease) with 1.9% for 48 months for 8% less than I could get a FWD model in FL. The same shipper (I have used him for years) brought both cars.

OP should definitely check with the brokers on here for their pricing. Probably save yourself some $$$ and a WHOLE LOT of aggravation.

1 Like

JM Lexus is an easy dealership. They are a no haggle dealership. Sometimes they can be better, and most of times, you can get better pricing elsewhere than JM Lexus. I have purchased several Lexus in the last 1 year in FL from several different Lexus dealerships within FL. I always have paid less than what I would have paid to a broker on LH and saved an additional freight cost as well.

@gopal driveway

3 Likes

What kind of pricing are you seeing here?

Without any markup and a dealer doc fee of what? $1,000 - $1,500? Plus mandatory SETF port installed accessories and protection packages?

1 Like

JM & Orlando Lexus have no dealer fee. And this fee can be negotiated with other dealers in FL. Protection package is optional. Port Installed accessories - You can find the VIN without all those extras.

1 Like

RX350 is widely available and can be had with significant discount. The 350h Hybrid is a whole different animal in terms of available and discount (or lack thereof)

Florida dealer with no doc fees?

1 Like

JM Lexus and Lexus of Orlando have no dealer fee.

JM does charge $59 for tag filing, while Orlando does charge $299 for tag filing.

The 350h is a tough find; $1000 over with a $175 doc is reasonable.

Need to do some back of napkin math though. The gas 350 with a 5-6% discount and $175 doc probably makes more sense.

My sentiments exactly. They’ve got to be making it up somewhere! Florida Dealer Doc Fee = Sunshine Tax:)-

Do you have a contract showing no dealer fees? Or correspondence from them?

See attached screenshot for the last car that we purchased from JM.

Here is the no dealer fee declaration on JM’s website:

https://www.jmlexus.com/why-buy-jm-lexus-near-fort-lauderdale-fl.html

JM is the most transparent dealer. Whatever they say, that is what they honor. They dont haggle the price whether it is for the new vehicle or trade-in value.

If you still dont believe that they dont have dealer fee in FL, then you may consider to call them directly.

1 Like

@AutoCompanion got em at 2% off

1 Like

I looked at Lexus of Orlando, and there was definitely no banner advertising no dealer fees (which is a pretty big deal in a state with high, uncapped fees). If anything, the fine print says they do charge a doc fee. Also a huge lack of transparency around pricing, since “MSRP is only for informational purposes and does not reflect actual price.”

But JM looks legit based on what you posted :+1:t4:

I got two NX350 F Sport from Orlando, and see attached agreement copy from them. No dealer fee. Of course, they haggle the price, so I paid less price than JM.

2 Likes

That’s really useful information for FL and nearby buyers. CC @305Hackr

Almost a :unicorn:

1 Like