2023 Porsche Macan S lease

Hey, man, I’m 8 days into a lease that’s bad as well. My first lease. You’re not alone.

For me, it’s a Macan T: 39 months 7500 miles
$73800, Gross Cap. Sold at $85,313 with added stuff like wheel and tire protection, paint protection film, and front window tints.
Residual $49948.50 | Depreciation $30551.28 + Rent Charge $21367.47= 51918.75.
Monthly payment of $1331.25

I had no idea there was a rent charge. I could have financed instead.

:exploding_head: :exploding_head:

The Macan is an excellent drivers vehicle FWIW. What color did you go with?

1 Like

Not trying to be a blatant prick :smile:, but I’m a bit flabbergasted. You’ve clearly done something (likely multiple things) right if you’re in a position to order several new Porsche vehicles. It is one, quite common, situation where we have someone trying to escape a $1,500 hooptie and they need assistance leasing their new Mazda. You don’t quite fit that mold. I guess the old saying rings true, that we all need help from time to time.

For the Macan S, I would heavily recommend financing unless you have specific reasons to lease (i.e. a business). The money factor is just too expensive in most cases.

Be sure to share some photos of these beauties. :heart_eyes:

Night Blue Metallic
Not sure if you were making fun of my first lease or not lol. I have no idea how I did but feel I did badly. Other calculators came up lower. I even tried using Ai to figure it out lol.

That’s a nice color.

I would say the lease deal is quite poor, but it is water under the bridge at this point. Enjoy the vehicle and become better prepared for the next deal.

1 Like

It’s not going to magically be worth 25% of its msrp in 3 years. Certainly there are times when leasing is favorable but yours is highly unfavorable. It is not a question, this is a horrendous deal

1 Like

You say this like it’s terribly uncommon. Yes people do get into accidents and etc but it’s far far more common for the car to remain unscathed. You’re presenting the situation in an unrealistic manner. It’s a bad deal and this lease deal is basically lighting money on fire.

2 Likes

This is basically cognitive bias (risk aversion).

All of the above boils down to optionality, ie with a lease you have the option to walk away if the market tanks or if the car has a bad carfax. To pay a five figure sum for that optionality is crazy.

3 Likes

I appreciate that. Damn shame you can’t return a lease and do another one if under 10 days.
Learning the hard way sucks!

Yeah, unfortunately there are rarely any second chances. We’ve also all taken our turns of making mistakes.

Your’s isn’t the ugliest that we’ve seen, and at least it is for a Porsche. :man_shrugging:t2::grin:

1 Like

My opinion is based on my experiences. Yours may vary. In any event, what makes this lease less desirable is a high spec car whose price is way too close to the next trim level (GTS) and exceeds PFS’ MRM, a high MF and zero discount. Gone are the days of PFS’ .00200 MF which while high remained palatable. If OP pulls the trigger and this vehicle is damaged or declared a total loss the market value assigned to it by his carrier will be atrocious. While there is a cost, the lease provides an exit strategy with all expenditures known from inception. The loan provides a lower interest rate, but higher payments, full taxation and unknown exposure at the time of sale. I am unaware of OP’s location or yours, however, as a south Floridian who travels the treacherous I-95 - the parade of horribles which one must avoid are real. If you live in a rural town perhaps your odds are better.

At the end of the day, lease or purchase, this is a luxury good with more downside than up. For the most part, a Macan or similarly positioned vehicles are not investments.

23 posts were split to a new topic: Considering a New Macan - Should I Act Now?

Well it looks like you got suckered into 12K of additions which would hurt no matter how buying…cash, finance, lease. Learning how to lease/use a calc takes less than an hour but it is amazing how many will go make their 2nd largest purchases and have no clue how payment is calculated and what key negotiables are, etc.

1ST of all, congrats on having an awesome fleet at your disposal. 2nd, it doesn’t matter how many cars you’ve bought from a particular dealer, don’t just think they are going to be fair with you. They might think just the opposite: “This guy has a GT3 & a Turbo S. He’s not going to notice if we mark up the MF to the max.”

2 Likes

Here’s a few pictures of the GT3. I have a full dundon exhaust system (race set up), and E85 tune. My neighbors cuss me out every time I start it. Getting a lift installed this week hopefully, so I have room for the Macan.

10 Likes

I understand. I lived in Manhattan for a while and didn’t even have a car.

1 Like

So, interesting story. I went in this morning because I’m going to be out of town some next week and my sales advisor wasn’t responding to me. I talked to the sales manager since she wasn’t in. I asked him how long the list was for a GT3. He said, “Let me check. You’re not on the list…” I asked my sales advisor 3 times and had texts showing she said I was. I told him she also said I was on the list for a Turbo S. He said, “There is no list for the Turbo S. I could get you an allocation very soon and you’d likely have the car this year.” :rage: He could tell I was absolutely pissed and said they’d do the Turbo S at MSRP! But they need 50k markup on the GT3.

What do you guys think about this? Every single time I apply for a car loan/lease, it’s difficult. They ask for a co-signer, more money down, pay stubs, tax returns, etc. The only car I ever had an easy time with was my current M5 (first one was a nightmare). The finance guy put my income as 1/4 of what I told him and said it was better that way. But when applying for more expensive cars, I can’t do that.

Real credit score: 798
Auto credit score: 720

History:
Mercdes lease: $249 for 24 months.
BMW lease: $1090 for 24 months.
BMW finance: $300 for 14 months.
Porsche finance: $3100 for 9 months (still active)
BMW finance: $1200 for 6 months (still active)

All payments have always been on time.

I had a CU approve me, but said they’d only loan 60k on the Macan because of my credit. Porsche Financial said 9% interest, 20k down, I need to provide tax returns, pay stubs, etc. And they MAY approve me. My dept to income (not including stock which is 1/2 my pay or bonuses) ratio is 5%! I’m just at a loss what the f is going on.

They said if I pay off the GT3 or start making 10k+ per month payments on it then when the Turbo comes in PF should see that and it would let them know I’m able to make larger payments.

your porsche and bmw payments are almost a jumbo mortgage - do you have a mortgage or revolving debt? if your income is 7 figs per annum and monthly bills just cars the finance guy isn’t doing their job

I have a mortgage that’s $1,750 and my gf pays half. Looks like the GT3 is worth 10k more than I paid for it currently. The interest is ~1k a month, but I don’t see the payment as a total loss. The Macan is replacing the M5 (long story, it’s going back to the dealer I bought it from, someday).

I know it’s not the smartest thing to spend this on cars, but YOLO. It’s only a few % of my income. I’m ok with it.