2023 Nissan Frontier SV Getting different calculations using two calcs and dealer is more

Dealer doc fee is I think $175 for NY

1 Like

Ah, yes. It has been increased. I’m stuck in the past when it was capped at $75. Haven’t adjusted my memory to $175 yet.

So what is the question?
You get to the dealership quote if you add those fees.

1 Like

It makes no sense the dealer would quote a one pay and leave out a bunch of random fees. The numbers add up with the fees added in.

Sounds like the salesman is the communication issue.

I’m calling him now to get a breakdown right now. I’ll respond back with new calc link

So it’s a $695 acquisition, $75 in random fees, and a $175 doc fee. I am transferring plates so they anticipate another $175 in reg fees.

Calc says $6829 and going off the numbers I had which were missing the $350ish in doc/reg fees it at $6796 which is close enough

I started looking into a Frontier because of this post and I figured that with my truck selling price being $5k lower, the total one pay would be less. I’m trying to understand why I’m $700ish more with a cheaper truck

But the calc you just posted has 0% while the in the link the user has 2.4% off.

Isn’t that the difference?

No I’m being lazy. The mrsp is discounted 1.5% which is the number in there.

The other post his selling price is 47k. Mine is 42k

If you insert the discounted selling price as the msrp, the calculator will incorrectly calcuate the rv and your numbers will all be wrong.

1 Like

Ok so this it the correct one. Total DAS $6323. They’re saying $6446 and doc/reg on top. So now it’s off by $500 or so.

This makes no sense.

You’re wasting your time with this approach.

Which trim has the best RV and MF?

Use the LH community to figure out what your One-pay target should be, including everything.

Make offers; don’t solicit quotes and haggle.

The sales person was wrong. DMV and doc were included. So it makes sense now

I got my deposit back and walked. They had a cap reduction and a DMV fee on top of my plate transfer fee they couldn’t explain. Plus, the truck I was leasing on paper wasn’t the truck they had.

Scummy dealerships on long island are alive and well.

Thanks for all the replies. Back to the drawing board.

Watch ads from a couple of brokers here - they do have interesting offerings this months on Nissan products:) might be easier to get it done this way if year end is a target

TBF anyone would take advantage of a captive market that’s mostly just too lazy to walk away and search further. But you did the right thing.

Now look into suburban NY, NJ and CT.

PS do you actually want a pickup or are you just looking for the lowest payment?

I really want a pickup.

I never lease. I sold my truck two months ago because I got a decent amount for it that I knew wouldn’t last long. I have a work car so I drive, at best, 6k miles a year and that’s being generous.

I believe the used car market in 18-24 months will nose dive, especially when Carmax & Carvana bite the dust, and I refuse to pay $20k for a pickup with 140k miles; it’s insane. So I was looking for a short-term lease just to buy time. Not a Nissan fan at all, nor was I thrilled about the small-size pickup, but it made sense and was the cheapest way to solve my problem.

After this whole debacle, I’m ready to just start looking at Ram but then I remind myself to be patient and stress eat a sleeve of oreos.

Sorry for the long winded answer.

Slow down there don’t include the max in this

Lol. It’s inevitable based on real world prices and what they are asking. Just my observation from shopping the private market the last two months.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.