2023 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X - $44.4k MSRP - $4285 ($238/mo) One-Pay Lease

Toyota/Lexus Finance treats NY state residents the same way. LOL

1 Like

Yup, a different interpretation of the same law.

NMAC and TFS read that as applicable to NY residents.

BMWFS and MBFS read that as applicable to NY dealers.

1 Like

NMAC and TFS read that as applicable to NY residents.

VCFS, BMWFS and MBFS read that as applicable to NY dealers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I found the MF and RV for my location. Hoping you all can help me with my numbers before I start working with the dealer. Does this calculator seem good? The LH calculator does not allow me to select one-pay when I have Nissan selected. Any ideas on fix?

For one-pay we use Toyotaā€™s calculator until it gets updated. Copy OPā€™s calculator and plug in your #.

1 Like

Thanks! I get these results when I plug in my numbers. Iā€™m pretty sure I made a mistake somewhere. To clarify, sales tax for me is 7% (FL). How do I account for MSDs? What $ amount is one MSD equal?

Iā€™d say open a new credit card to get a sign up bonus right away. Much better bang for your $ than a mere 2% cash back

4 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what the Jan #s are so youā€™ll have to confirm on them:

If doing msd = .0001 x 9 = .0009
mf = .00386 - .0009 = .00296 (plug into calculator)
One pay brings it down to .00196
Total payment will be one-pay + msd

2 Likes

Even better than mine :confused: Congrats :slight_smile:

The difference between these two values can be no more than $100. The capitalized cost must be at least $100 greater than the RV. So, for that type of discount, your dealer will need to roll in (capitalize) the acquisition fee, dealer fee, etc etc) to get the contract to fund.

Short of a dealer making a mistake and agreeing to write you a check after the fact, the best deals will be a discount that just barely satisfies the +$100 requirement and minimal dealer fees. This will give the lowest cost NMAC compliant contract (that also gives you the lowest additional cost per month if you extend the lease after the initial 18 months passes).

1 Like

Thanks @spockvr6 . To make sure I understand correctly, to get this sort of discount the dealer will need to add the dealer fee, lease acquisition cost and other ā€œfeesā€ to the selling price? Does this mean that these fees will then be listed as $0 on the lease contract? Iā€™m still a newbie to leasing so I appreciate your and the extended communityā€™s help.

That makes sense but why let him put 2 MSDs down vs 9?

It should be all or nothing

NAMC limits NYS residents to $749 which in my case was 2 max. Is the banks rules and why I said in the OP stupid regulations and policies

1 Like

Atleast they gave you two LoL

Did those 2 MSDs actually save you anything?

$440 saved on $600 MSDs. Not a bad return.

3 Likes

Scared Spaced Out GIF by Film Riot

New to leasingā€¦but trying like heck to get a few dealers in the PA, NJ, DE area to play ball and come close to this. This is the best Iā€™ve received this farā€¦on a one pay.

Vehicle- 2023 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X
MSRP- $44445
Selling Price- $43,950
Monthly Payment- $254.08 ($233.10 payment, $20.98 tax)
Term- 18mo/10
MF- 0.00196 (after 9 MSDs)
Drive-offs- $8306.91 ($5156.91 OP and $3,150 MSDs)

It looks like Iā€™ve several hundred dollars offā€¦is that worth the fight?

Is this with taxes included?

yes. Sorry, edited my original post to reflect that.