2023 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X - $48,580 MSRP - 18m/12k - $366.67 (effective) - $10,200 total (single pay + MSD)

Scored a fully loaded 2023 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Premium Paint, Convenience package, Technology Package, Premium Package, mud flaps, illuminated kick plates, sports bar, off road protection package.

MSRP: $48,580
WI Tax 5.5%
18 months / 12k miles per year
RV: 93%
MF before MSD: 0.00282
MF after 9 MSDs: 0.00192 (0.00010 per MSD)
$366.67 (per month effective)

$6,600 single pay (includes acquisition fee, dealer fee, taxes, and registration) + $3,600 for 9 MSDs (I get $3600 back once the lease is done)

If you count the disposition fee, then $388.61 (per month effective)
Also, I am getting $100 back in cashback for putting 5k on my credit card, so that is technically $5.56 off every month. :smiley: So, my actual deal is: $361.11 or $383.05 with the disposition fee.

Excess miles penalty is: 0.15c per mile.

Calculator

My current car (bought out previous lease) needed brakes, new tires, and a bunch of maintenance. Would have been around $1,500. So that helps the deal as well. :smiley: Going to be selling it (wherever I can get the most for it) after I pick up the new ride. UPDATE: sold to Carmax (they came back higher by $2400 than Carvana/Vroom/Autonation).

Note: I got a decent discount off MSRP, but I am not sure if it will show up in the calculator. The finance manager at the dealership had a hard time getting the deal entered, something having to do with some depreciation ratio figure in the system being under a $100. Anyway, he had to do some “workaround” by raising the cap cost number and then writing off the difference. Doesn’t matter to me, as I will be turning in the car after 18 months or possibly after 24 months with a potential extension (if the numbers make sense to do an extension).

Note 2: I got permission from the sales manager and the finance manager to share the dealership details. Both were nice and helpful during the process, so have no problem recommending them. Dealership is Rosen Nissan in Milwaukee. Sales manager’s name is Joe Valdez. Finance manager’s name is Rick Burke.

6 Likes

I think you should be prepared for deal to not get funded based on security deposits. Should be $3600. Your calculator even shows that amount.

Edit: I see you haven’t signed yet. But $3600 should be correct amount for security deposits.

Also: what dealer did you work with? I’m in central WI looking at Pathfinder and have primarily been going after MN dealers as WI dealers have had no interest in the one pay. I haven’t reached out to Milwaukee area yet as Minneapolis is closer for me.

1 Like

Congrats and don’t share the dealer until your deal is signed and funded.

5 Likes

“I might buy some more miles though, supposedly they are 10c per mile prepaid”

I suggest that you also look into if the RV is materially higher on a 18M/10K option to see what the lease cost would be since you’re planning to buy miles up front.

1 Like

It’s 2% difference. So 10k is 94% and 12k is 92%. When I was playing around with the calculator, I think the difference in RV matched exactly the cost of .10c per mile.

I’ll do the numbers again though to double check. Thank you for the tip!

Yeah, I’ll be bringing a check for the difference + MSDs, so I’ll pay whatever MSDs are supposed to be at. I am not sure why the dealer thought it was 200 per instead of 400 per. I couldn’t find any information on how NMAC MSDs are supposed to work. Is it always 400 per? Or is it based on MSRP or Adjusted Cap Cost?

Ultimately it doesn’t matter much, as the entire MSD amount is refundable either way. But I would rather put down less than more. :smiley:

Edit: looks like MSDs are based off of the base monthly rate and go up in increments of 50 (rounded up to the nearest 50). So yeah, I am most likely looking at $3,600 in MSDs as you said (and as the calculator shows).

Actually, you are correct. It’s cheaper to go with 18/10 and just purchase the extra 3k miles (to match the total of 18k miles in the original deal).

Much appreciated!!! :beers:

1 Like

Main post updated with the latest details.
New calculator link coming shortly, with approximate info. Not sure I can get it 100% right, as the dealer ended up “writing some balance off” somehow.

Last thought:
I am happy with the deal. I had 92% as the RV, but it was actually 93%, so the numbers were better than what I had prepared going in. However, after crunching the calculator numbers just now, it looks like I did leave some dollars on the table (and in the dealer’s pocket).

Seems like I got a $270.91 “magic write off”, which brings the sale price to 3.49% off MSRP. But should have been another $432 lower, as with the sale price listed on their site it should have been 4.38% off MSRP. Would have been like $24 per month lower payment. :frowning: I didn’t catch this yesterday, as having a higher RV than what I was preparing my numbers with threw me off in the end. So not catching this one is on me. :frowning:

But I did get $2400 more out of the Carmax buying my old car (almost sold it to Carvana for $2400 less), so all in all, it worked out decently but the dealer still got me a little bit (on purpose or not is irrelevant) :smiley: .

1 Like

Added the dealership information to the original post.

9 Likes

Yay for trucks with sport bars!

2 Likes

Very nice, love the classy color.

1 Like

Looks great. Those higher end msrps (48/49k) really worth spending the extra cash. Beadlock wheels look great and the sport bars add a nice touch.

I’m suprised at that MSRP they didn’t include the step bars/predator steps.

Congrats

1 Like

@maxt Congrats on the deal!

Could you upload this deal to SIGNED! or share your redacted contract with us so we can upload it on your behalf? We are trying to build out SIGNED! to improve the community’s deal discovery experience.

Thank you!

Done! Not sure how to show off the “write-off” the dealer had, so I entered it as a post-rebate. I entered it as $293, as I only had to put down $10,200 total (calculator showing $6,893 but I had to put down $6,600 and $3,600 in MSDs).

2 Likes