2023 Kia EV6 Wind RWD LR $674.22mo 15K miles and $674 DAS

, ,

Interesting, they are offering lease cash now for the EV of $7,500. I must have just got a great deal when I did my 2022 Niro. Kia was giving over $10K in lease cash when I did my Niro EV lease.

It is getting $7,500 lease cash now.

Yes, very, very recently. Not until after sales numbers dropped.

1 Like

I’m seeing Niro EVs with $4K off MSRP (that’s 10%) plus now $7500 lease cash. I seriously never knew they existed lol.

I’m looking for a small EV for my brother as his second (run small errands) car. I was solely look at Bolt EUVs but Niro and Kona EVs are good options now.

Where are you seeing $4K below MSRP and what trim?

I have used TruCar and KBB in the past to negotiate down the selling price in the past. It seems recently though dealers don’t care what TruCar or KBB says is a fair selling price. Are there other sources with more reliable fair pricing or are the dealers just playing hard ball more then they did in the past now?

do the KBB instant cash offer. It’s more realistic

Since you are a signed member, I think you have access to hackr’s lounge. Make a post in the MMR thread to get a better and more accurate idea

They’ve never been good representatives of what a “good deal” is in my experience.

1 Like

Isn’t the cash offer for trades? I use KBB and TruCar for average selling price of a new car.

For example, I am looking at a 2023 Niro EV Wave. The dealer is asking MSRP for their car by first raising the price then applying a discount to get it back to MSRP. According to TruCar it seems a good selling price would be $44K which is $2K under MSRP.

What you use to know a good selling price is?

oh the true car stuff isn’t very accurate.

I tend to find better data looking at forums of people that have actually got those vehicles and compare broker offers here.

1 Like

Not many ppl on here appear to be interested in a Niro EV to compare. I feel the one deal i have is not good. It is for a 2023 Niro EV Wave, $600 worth of accessories, 36 months, 15K miles, $650 trade allowance for my current 2022 Niro EV lease. The payment is $641. Price just seems high.

I did a Tesla Model Y long range rwd quote with same terms and got a payment of $616 with $4,500 down. Doesnt that mske the effective payment really 616+(4500÷36)=741?

Not even sure if Tesla can buyout my current lease as a trade.

quote.pdf (16.5 KB)
window-sticker (11).pdf (425.1 KB)

The tesla payment is much higher than an effective $741 because that is before taxes and fees.

Would it be unreasonable to expect a selling price to be similar to the average selling price from edmunds, TruCar, and KBB calculators?

Depends on the vehicle. I have usually been able to do much better than what they report, but thats not always the case.

2021 Model Y LR still fetches ~$44k at used car wholesale auctions. There’s a very good chance you’ll do far better with a purchase, especially if you qualify for the $7500 credit.

ps. There could be a facelift in Q3/Q4. Maybe wait until Q3 if you decide to go with the Model Y.

Would adding $5K as a downpayment be worth it really for a Niro EV Wave? This would make the payment $459 but the effective payment $626.

Not sure I want to go through a broker like I have been told in the past. I like the idea and have done it multiple times before where the dealer delivers the new car and picks up the car I am trading in. With my schedule and kids I can’t really have any downtime between trading in my car and getting a replacement one.

This is a terrible deal. I would not take it on a wind trim. Dealers are marketing of $3k on these due to no one buying them.

EV6 sales also went down ~60%
https://www.reddit.com/r/electricvehicles/comments/129yz6j/us_kia_ev6_sales_decreased_by_69_in_march_2023/

Yeah, I am more looking at the Niro EV Wave now since it has more options and is cheaper