2023 Kia EV6 Wind RWD LR $674.22mo 15K miles and $674 DAS

, ,

Cool. If you hit that many up and it’s the car you want then probably not much more you can do.

My biggest hold up right now is the trade value. I was always able to get KBB trade and now they are offering $3K under the KBB trade.

I’m pretty sure you can sell a hyundai/kia lease to a third party, it’s just many of them don’t want to wait for the title. Look at the Wiki list of third party buyers and start hitting them up. I am pretty sure ALGo will buy them. Check equity hackr as well.

1 Like

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

1 Like

You might want to edit your title, at first glance it looks like it’s saying 15k due at signing, not 15k miles.

Doesn’t look like Kia allowes that

I know, but it’s wrong. Try reaching out anyways.

50k Kia for the price of EQS/EQE what can possibly go wrong ;)?

1 Like

Can you elaborate? Looking up those cars they are around $30K more than the EV6 from what I can see unless I am missing something. The cheapest Benz I see is the EQB with only around 250 mile range. When I went and built the EQB on Benz’s site it came out with a lease payment of around $1,258. How would that compare to the EV6? I am not trying to be rude, I think I am just missing something. I used the calculator and did 36 months, 15K miles, and $1,165 down payment since that is what I am basically getting with my trade allowance in the original post. Where am I going wrong?

Try it again with a 24 month lease at 7.5k miles a year (and separately calculate an extra 25 cents for excess mileage), a discount of 10-16%, up to $13,500 of rebates, and one-pay or 10 MSDs.

Those cars EQS sedan and SUV are in 105-120k MSRP range and we are getting deals in 600-800 /month range. You can check EQS lease megathread for more info

1 Like

Ok, a little confused. What does 10 MSD mean and where is the 10-16% discount coming from? I also don’t see any rebates on the build calculator on Benz’s site.

Also if I take a lease out for 7.5K or 10K miles that will mess up my residual value. I have never kept a 36 month lease for the full 36 months and I can barely keep the mileage at 15K each year. So lets say in 2 years on a 10K mileage lease I go to turn it in and I actually have 30K on it won’t the trade value be low compared to the residual buyout price of the lease since it was based on 10K/year?

1 Like

You’re just moving money around (via higher payments over the term). Regardless you should always assume you won’t be able to get out of your lease early without taking a bath.

General question, do people find it hard to “trade” out of a lease? I have had 4 leases in the past couple years and was able to trade out of each one early, some as soon as 1 year (because of covid and pandemic). I am still learning a lot. Are most of the assumptions on these forums based on keeping a lease for 3 years and not trading it in early?

Equityhckr will buyout your Kia lease. Just submit your details to see what you can get.

I’m tempted to lease an EV6 GT myself but for the general population I suggest an Ioniq 5 or Y. I’m kind partial to quirky Kia cars. The EV6 simply isn’t in demand and there are numerous dealers with $2-4K discounts. EV6 sales plummeted 56% YoY.

Why did its sale fall so much?

Because it stopped getting the tax credit

Multiple reasons… no $7500 tax credit, Tesla price cuts, it’s more like a sedan than crossover, it’s quirky looking. Tesla is eating everybody’s lunch including Ford’s

I leased an 23 Ioniq 5 Limited and it’s perfectly fine for a family with kids but boring AF. Hyundai had a sales spike when they offered the $7500 lease incentive.

The GT is very much a toy with low range. I’m sure I will regret it financially but cars are more emotional than anything.

Yes inflated used car prices over the past few years has led to values exceeding the contractual residuals. Historically the residuals set are pretty accurate. In reality if a car is worth less than your buyout at the end of the lease it means it was a good lease because you didn’t pay for that depreciation (thing bmw leases).

Your operating assumption going forward: this will no longer be possible.

Aside from a few exceptions, dealers are not going to be offering valuations like before and you’ll be underwater in the middle of your lease.

3 Likes