2023 IRA EV/PHEV Lease Credit "pass-through"

Youd be better off just getting a copy of the contract and reading it yourself. The dealership is likely to keep their head in the sand.

1 Like

They might be doing you a favor. Odds are you do not want to own an audi ev to begin with.

Good point and good advice. I think I found at least one of the issues as they were looking at the wrong clause. They were looking at “early termination” vs. “option to purchase vehicle”. I just sent the sales manager a longer email with point by point that he can forward to his finance mgr. But either way I feel much more confident now after having deciphered the contract more.

They might be doing you a favor. Odds are you do not want to own an audi ev to begin with.

I’m looking forward to my new Audi, but thanks :slight_smile:

It’s your money. At least tell me it not a gt. They are literally worth their 24 month rv once you drive them off the lot. Don’t ask me how I know.

1 Like

Anyone know if Tonale will have this 7.5k pass through for leasing?

Yes it does.

1 Like

At least tell me it not a gt

nope - Q8 e-tron

I just heard that Ford is passing the $7500 lease cash bonus!

Can someone with Ford confirm ??

Doesn’t show up as available in ratefindr for the lightning or the mach-e.

I don’t think they’re doing a flat $7500, but the residual and money factor improved dramatically after their Tesla tie-up announcement. Also, they tripled available inventory.

Per edmunds forum, I’m seeing 59% residual and 1.4% APR for Premium 36 and 10.5k miles year, which is clearly subvented. If you could get a dealer to discount 10% (big if), it could lease below $600, which isn’t superb but decent.

I’m not rushing out to get one, but I did take a second look after seeing the new numbers.

1 Like

Does ford do leases? I thought they only did options?

Yes leases have always been available from Ford.
Red Carpet Lease (RCL).
First time Ford is kicking back the tax credit on EVs…

Anyone know if they are allowing lease buy-outs with this new incentive?

Is there any evidence they’re actually doing this, at least as far as it being a cap cost reduction?

$7500 also passed on the Ioniq 6.

1 Like

https://electrek.co/2023/06/29/hyundai-owners-save-10k-on-new-ioniq-5-ioniq-6-ev/

Does anyone know if ford is allowing buy-outs of the Mach-E lease, now that they are doing the pass-through.

Unless somethings changed no for third parties

And no for EVs https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a40407863/ford-wont-let-you-buy-out-leased-ev/

Are you asking about 1st party or 3rd party buy outs?

First party, I think? I want to lease the Mach-E then immediately buy out the lease.