2023 IRA EV/PHEV Lease Credit "pass-through"

What you should really be asking then, what does Ford charge on personal buyouts of the Mach E.
Usually it’s RV + Unpaid Depreciation + Small Buyout fees
It can be something else.

I wish I knew that answer.
I do know you need your original Ford dealer to be involved in the buyout.

There is no personal buyout. Ford doesn’t allow 1st or 3rd party buyouts on the MachE.

1 Like

Oh heck! They are part of the No EV’s for you bandwagon like Nissan and Stellantis.

The sales manager at my local ford says there is no pass-through on the credit for Mach-E. He supposedly confirmed this with ford finance.

That’s correct, Ford not passing the $7500 obviously or even if they do at all.

Ally passing credit for the Mazda CX-90 now.

2 Likes

I see they’re pulling their typical pass on the incentive but claw it all back with a ridiculous rate.

2 Likes

Yes, only makes sense if you are leasing to immediately buy out. 0.00458 on the 27 month term.

Ally might make that a bit rough.

1 Like

Difficult to sell to 3rd party yes, but to buy out personally?

Ally doesn’t want to let you go…period.

They will add fees, force you to go to a specific dealer, add more fees, make you wait till the end.
It’s not for the faint of heart.

3 Likes

Good to know. I’m a patient man, I can wait till Mazda/TFS passes the credit.

Does anyone know how to get the 7500 for leasing a tesla?

You purchase it

1 Like

so Tesla will deduct the 7500 on price upfront?

No. You have to take it as a tax credit when you file your taxes.

1 Like

No. If you are eligible for the EV tax credit, and the car meets the MSRP limits, you can deduct on your 23 taxes next year. No POS rebate for any EVs currently, and Tesla’s captive is not offering a $7500 incentive on a lease like some other banks are.

1 Like

No federal POS ev rebates. NY currently has the NYSERDA program which provides $500-$2000 POS rebate depending on range. :wink:

Looks like $4,500 lease cash on the Prius Prime. Anybody work a deal and plan on buying it out immediately?

2 Likes

Somebody posted US Bank lease numbers for the Lyriq on the forums. How are US Bank leases? Can you buy them out? Can you sell them to a third party? They are passing through the $7500 lease credit.

The Lyriq is both too small (to replace a mid sized SUV) and too big (as a daily) IMO. Not sure I want one anymore.