2023 IRA EV/PHEV Lease Credit "pass-through"

Sounds like vw is, as is jeep/chrysler on the phevs

1 Like

Looks like Tesla in the lead and rest trying to catch up… Tesla drop the price others passing the ev credit on the leases. But low RV and higher MF still be a big issue…

Tesla didnt drop the price as an alternative to passing on the tax credit.

3 Likes

Tesla still not giving any ev credit on leases but the fact they have 20% price Cut on MY the lease price per month becomes lower.
Others decide to give a 7500 ev rebate off msrp for leases…

1 Like

Will the price cuts affect the resale values of Teslas and other EVs ???

You bet they will

3 Likes

Is the Pope Catholic?

3 Likes

How can anyone tell is Tesla is passing on the lease credit? Wouldn’t it be in msrp reduction and residual $ amount neither of which you can tell from online?

Itll be publicized, like it is with every other brand doing a direct pass through.

3 Likes

Love for you to name a dealership doing this. I will call them today.

For Audi - ask @DonnyAudi - he’s on vacation currently.

Plenty of dealerships doing this.

1 Like

As per @forbs

So Just to Recap
Lease a

• VW
  • Audi
  • Jeep
  • Mercedes Benz

And get the $7500 incentive. (Or proper rebate amount)

Waiting for

• BMW
  • Kia
  • Hyundai
  • Chevy
  • Tesla? With the 20% reduction you don’t need to wait
  • Volvo
  • Polestar
  • Rivian
  • Mitsubishi (With their 1 vehicle)
  • (and lots of others that I forget)
    to complete the race.
3 Likes

Personally…I have NEVER bought an EV as the tech ages too fast and they are too subject to “whims”. They almost always are losers in the medium term. Lease em (when the bank passes the EV incentive) and move on…This strategy has yielded quite a few 24-36 mo sweetheart EV leases.

There have obviously have been a few exceptions to this over the past couple of years (a very abnormal few years), but I have a feeling that will be ending soon as well.

3 Likes

The dealer has nothing to do with it. Either the bank passes on an incentive or they dont.

8 Likes

Agreed - so tell me which financing co does this bc I was at BMW Freeport this past week and they looked at me like I was crazy when I explained that Chrysler’s financial services does this.

BMWFS is not the same bank as CCAP. Different bank different rules.

3 Likes

The Goldbergs Erica Goldberg GIF by ABC Network

“He who has the gold…makes the rules”

Audi, VW, Jeep, MB, Ally, etc

Bmwfs hasnt in quite a while

So no responses. I’d still love to know specifically from who and where are $7500 rebates being built into leases? I know Chrysler Jeep - but from who and where are buyers able to take advantage in their other leases?

The last full $7500 might have been the i3?

5 Likes