2023 IRA EV/PHEV Lease Credit "pass-through"

If you buy it, no. If you lease it, only if Kia passes it through as an incentive. Edmunds or Autobytel should have that information.

2 Likes

I’m not aware of Kia passing any incentives.
But Ally is on a Niro PHEV.

1 Like

The 2023 Kia Sorrento PHEV has a high RV and might be a pretty nice deal with the $7500 Ally pass through, if they use the same RV / MF as Hyundai Leasing trust.

They use their own, not some other companies.

Kinda hard then to use Ratehackr I guess … :grimacing:

Maybe @RVguy can show us the RV for those cars? (And we can find the original RV through the usual channels)

1 Like

To be a little bit clear from @jeisensc’s post

No, the Niro is not eligible to claim tax rebates on your tax filing. End-stop.

Under section 45, the Niro is eligible for the lessor to claim a tax credit on their corporate taxes and based on that, they may choose to provide an incentive. You dont have any say in the manner, other than potentially looking for a lessor that does pass on an incentive.

2 Likes

https://rvlg.allydealer.com/rvlg/index.aspx Has current and historical RV info. Don’t really see high RVs for the Sorento here.

1 Like

We weren’t talking about the Sorrento but the Niro (but Thank you very much for the ally link, I got a hold of it there)

36/10 (assume that’s 10 on ally) Edit : Nope, that’s a 36/15 so adding 3 to the Ally numbers
Car - Ally - Kia Finance
Niro PHEV - 52% - 60%
Sorrento PHEV - 56% - - ?? (No data on Edmunds)

So for a 40k Niro PHEV, you lose $3200 on RV reduction but get $5255 Rebate. That’s a positive return but wow it’s like an $2055 diff

Edit : Wow Ally has a 36/5000. Which bumps the RV to 57% This would be incredible for the flipper except Ally prevents flipping easily

Edit BTW (36/10) (Note : Some trims have different RVs)

• Ford Escape - 5644 / 49-50
  • Kia Niro - 5255 / 52
  • Kia Sorrento - 7500 / 56
  • Mitsubishi Outlander - 6179 / 44-47
  • Toyota Prius Prime - 4480 / 56-58
  • Toyota Rav4 Prime - 6689 / 60-62

This tells me to not lease a Mitsubishi no matter how much the rebate is.

That Outlander RV seems low for a new 2023 redesigned model.

But it is a Mitsu.

65% RV for the Sorrento PHEV according to Ratefindr on this site for 36/10.

So roughly an additional $4500 vs the $7500 you get, a 3k diff.

Do you know if the MF stays the same, Ally vs Hyundai?

Not a clue, that one is a dealer gotta pull object. It might be on the doc I pulled but that doc has Jan Feb, and MF changes often.

1 Like

Getting a “Not authorized” error message for that link

Try Auto Dealer Tools | Calculators, User Guides, eStore, & More | Ally and then go to the rvlg doc from there.

2 Likes

Local Mitsu dealer says they are not using Ally anymore. They use Santander who hasn’t published any lease programs on the PHEV yet.

Interesting since CCAP is Santander. Somehow I suspect anything MFS does with the tax credit will be RV support since it’s always been hatefully low on the Outlander.

Assuming there’s a second one you can go here
https://finance-quotes.allydealer.com/NetQuote/user/CreateQuote/NewQuote.aspx

and lookup which dealers in your city are taking Ally.

1 Like

So far heard Audi and MB are passing the credit back on leases.

Any other EV brands ??