2023 IRA EV/PHEV Lease Credit "pass-through"

Anyone know if they are allowing lease buy-outs with this new incentive?

Is there any evidence they’re actually doing this, at least as far as it being a cap cost reduction?

$7500 also passed on the Ioniq 6.

1 Like

https://electrek.co/2023/06/29/hyundai-owners-save-10k-on-new-ioniq-5-ioniq-6-ev/

Does anyone know if ford is allowing buy-outs of the Mach-E lease, now that they are doing the pass-through.

Unless somethings changed no for third parties

And no for EVs https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a40407863/ford-wont-let-you-buy-out-leased-ev/

Are you asking about 1st party or 3rd party buy outs?

First party, I think? I want to lease the Mach-E then immediately buy out the lease.

What you should really be asking then, what does Ford charge on personal buyouts of the Mach E.
Usually it’s RV + Unpaid Depreciation + Small Buyout fees
It can be something else.

I wish I knew that answer.
I do know you need your original Ford dealer to be involved in the buyout.

There is no personal buyout. Ford doesn’t allow 1st or 3rd party buyouts on the MachE.

1 Like

Oh heck! They are part of the No EV’s for you bandwagon like Nissan and Stellantis.

The sales manager at my local ford says there is no pass-through on the credit for Mach-E. He supposedly confirmed this with ford finance.

That’s correct, Ford not passing the $7500 obviously or even if they do at all.

Ally passing credit for the Mazda CX-90 now.

2 Likes

I see they’re pulling their typical pass on the incentive but claw it all back with a ridiculous rate.

2 Likes

Yes, only makes sense if you are leasing to immediately buy out. 0.00458 on the 27 month term.

Ally might make that a bit rough.

1 Like

Difficult to sell to 3rd party yes, but to buy out personally?

Ally doesn’t want to let you go…period.

They will add fees, force you to go to a specific dealer, add more fees, make you wait till the end.
It’s not for the faint of heart.

3 Likes

Good to know. I’m a patient man, I can wait till Mazda/TFS passes the credit.