2023 IRA EV/PHEV Lease Credit "pass-through"

Itll be publicized, like it is with every other brand doing a direct pass through.

3 Likes

Love for you to name a dealership doing this. I will call them today.

For Audi - ask @DonnyAudi - he’s on vacation currently.

Plenty of dealerships doing this.

1 Like

As per @forbs

So Just to Recap
Lease a

• VW
  • Audi
  • Jeep
  • Mercedes Benz

And get the $7500 incentive. (Or proper rebate amount)

Waiting for

• BMW
  • Kia
  • Hyundai
  • Chevy
  • Tesla? With the 20% reduction you don’t need to wait
  • Volvo
  • Polestar
  • Rivian
  • Mitsubishi (With their 1 vehicle)
  • (and lots of others that I forget)
    to complete the race.
3 Likes

Personally…I have NEVER bought an EV as the tech ages too fast and they are too subject to “whims”. They almost always are losers in the medium term. Lease em (when the bank passes the EV incentive) and move on…This strategy has yielded quite a few 24-36 mo sweetheart EV leases.

There have obviously have been a few exceptions to this over the past couple of years (a very abnormal few years), but I have a feeling that will be ending soon as well.

3 Likes

The dealer has nothing to do with it. Either the bank passes on an incentive or they dont.

8 Likes

Agreed - so tell me which financing co does this bc I was at BMW Freeport this past week and they looked at me like I was crazy when I explained that Chrysler’s financial services does this.

BMWFS is not the same bank as CCAP. Different bank different rules.

3 Likes

The Goldbergs Erica Goldberg GIF by ABC Network

“He who has the gold…makes the rules”

Audi, VW, Jeep, MB, Ally, etc

Bmwfs hasnt in quite a while

So no responses. I’d still love to know specifically from who and where are $7500 rebates being built into leases? I know Chrysler Jeep - but from who and where are buyers able to take advantage in their other leases?

The last full $7500 might have been the i3?

5 Likes

Audi, vw, ccap, mbfs, ally (ally amount varies by model).

1 Like

First post lays out Ally and the brands and amount.

Mercedes Financial also does the $7500.

Other posters say Audi.

As posted in another thread, I received the below message back from Tesla via text this morning----

“The Tax incentive would not apply to leasing. Only cash or finance purchases”

If this is the case, Tesla would really really love for someone to open up a lease so they can make an extra 7500 bucks :grin:

EDIT- It does appear on a 36/10 that they bumped the 2023 M3 residual to 66% though. I believe it was 64% last month? MF is 0.002335.

EDIT 2 - On my deal last month the RV was the equivalent of 65.6% with the partial (residualized) $3750 credit applied. MF was 0.002238. So, Tesla may be partially baking in the EV credit to the RV. With the price reduction, the lease may end up being similar to last month…but (barring ones desire to weather depreciation), buying and getting the full $7500 may still be a better approach (if they can stomach owning an EV…I really cant TBH).

2 Likes

That link is for consumer purchases.

This thread is a loophole around those requirements because of leasing.

There are multiple posts that explain the difference.

1 Like

Yeah I just confirmed the same thing with 2 Tesla dealerships in NY/NJ. They are NOT applying the 7.5k tax credit to the lease. And with the final orders to hit the March deadline coming through now, they don’t need too. So buy it and get on with it.

3 Likes

Theyre correct… there is no tax credit you would claim on a lease

1 Like

Bummer they didn’t pass it! Would have been some epic leases if they applied the whole thing on a 36/10.

1 Like